Tehran Threatens Washington as Washington Accuses Tehran

  • "Everybody should know that all American bases and their aircraft carriers in a distance of up to 2,000 kilometers around Iran are within the range of our missiles."
  • Hajizadeh added that "Iran has always been ready for a 'full-fledged' war."
  • US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has accused Iran of the attacks on the Saudi oil plants on Saturday.

Iranian Revolutionary Guard Commander Amir Ali Hajizadeh has said that US bases and aircraft carriers are within Iran’s missile range. This was in reaction to Washington accusing Iran of carrying out a drone attack on a Saudi Aramco oil plant.

Amir Ali Hajizadeh is the commander of Aerospace Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps since October 2009. During Eghtedar-e Velayat war game, on March 8, 2016, Hajizadeh said, “the reason we designed our missiles with a range of 2,000 km is to be able to hit our enemies from a safe distance.”

“Everybody should know that all American bases and their aircraft carriers in a distance of up to 2,000 kilometers around Iran are within the range of our missiles,” Hajizadeh, the head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps Aerospace Force, said on Sunday. He was quoted by the semi-official Iranian news agency, Tasnim. Hajizadeh added that “Iran has always been ready for a ‘full-fledged’ war,” though he didn’t mention Saturday’s attacks in Saudi Arabia.

Earlier, Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi group said it was behind the attacks on two plants at the heart of Saudi Arabia’s oil industry. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has, on his part, accused Iran of the attacks, arguing that there is no clear evidence that the Houthi movement was behind the attack. “We call on all nations to publicly and unequivocally condemn Iran’s attacks,” Mr. Pompeo said. Pompeo added that the US would work with its allies in ensuring that energy markets remained well supplied and that “Iran is held accountable for its aggression.”

Saudi prince Muhammad bin Salman announced on Saturday that drone attacks on the two plants resulted in the “temporary” suspension of production activities in the two facilities. The Saudi Ministry of Energy estimated that production of 5.7 million barrels of oil per day, or about 50 percent, was halted.

The 2019 Abqaiq–Khurais attack was a drone attack that targeted the Saudi Aramco oil factories in eastern Saudi Arabia on September 14, 2019. The Saudi Arabian interior ministry did not identify the source of the attack but began an investigation.

On Saturday morning, Drones attacked two Saudi oil plants causing a big fire and subsequent massive property destruction. The attack targeted two state oil giant plants in the country’s eastern province of Bugya. They attacked the Abqaiq and Khurais plants. Later in the day, Yemeni Houthi rebels, who are closely linked to Iran, claimed responsibility for the attacks. They claimed to have used ten drones and warned of more attacks in the near future.

Saturday’s was the biggest attack on the oil infrastructure of Saudi Arabia during the current conflict in Yemen. Saudi Arabia’s Abqaiq’s oil field is the largest oil refinery in the world. The field in Khurais, between the capital Riyadh and the Persian Gulf, is one of the most important oil fields in the country.

The Houthi rebels from Yemen have held a large part of Yemen for years, including the capital Sanaa. A coalition led by Saudi Arabia is trying to smoke them out. Tens of thousands of people have so far died as a result of the war.

Only $1/click

Submit Your Ad Here

Vincent Ferdinand

News reporting is my thing. My view of what is happening in our world is colored by my love of history and how the past influences events taking place in the present time.  I like reading politics and writing articles. It was said by Geoffrey C. Ward, "Journalism is merely history's first draft." Everyone who writes about what is happening today is indeed, writing a small part of our history.

Leave a Reply