- America is projected to be the largest market for power distribution unit.
- Europe will be the second-largest market for power distribution unit.
- The hot-swap is projected to be the fastest-growing segment of the power distribution unit.
The global Power Distribution Unit Market is projected to reach $5.2 billion by 2024 from an estimated $3.7 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. The rising investments in data centers along with increasing cloud-based networking are driving the demand for power distribution units.
America is projected to be the largest market for power distribution unit
The America is projected to be the largest market from 2019 to 2024, driven by the growth in demand for data centers in the US and Canada. The telecom & IT sectors witness a rise in demand for PDU, owing to the rise in developments in IT infrastructure. Similarly, the healthcare sector provides an opportunity for the PDU market, owing to the increase in demand for lifesaving equipment, which requires an uninterrupted power supply for critical operations. The region is witnessing a substantial growth for colocation data centers and provides lucrative opportunities for the players operating in the power distribution unit in the Americas.
Europe: The second-largest market for power distribution unit
The rise in the PDU market is influenced by various end-user industries such as networking, telecoms & IT, BFSI, and healthcare. The increase in investments for AI-driven cloud-based data centers results in the vast growth of intelligent PDUs. It also helps in real-time data monitoring and leads to customer growth & expansion. For instance, Huawei introduced the AI-driven data center switches to improve IT network operations. The new switch has 64-core ARM server processor. Thus, AI-driven data centers lead to innovation and create competitive advantages with new business opportunities.
- Publish 3 Press Releases Over 2 weeks for $21
- Publish 2 Press Releases for $16 – Best PR Deal on the Internet?
- Publish Your Press Release on Google & Communal News for Just $11!
- Social Media Management – Business Brand Basic Package
- 401k Plans Fiduciary Review Services – 4 Hour Consult
- Build 5 Page WordPress Website for only $199
- Excel Spreadsheets & Automation VBA/Macros
- Publish 3 Press Releases for $20! – Connects with Google news, Goolge & Bing Organic Search plus Social Media Websites
- Social Media Business Boot Camp – Learn how to Leverage Social Media for Business Returns
- $12 for Google News & More Press Release – Possibly the Best PR Deal on the Internet
The hot-swap is projected to be the fastest-growing segment of the power distribution unit
The hot-swap segment, by type, is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. A hot-swap power distribution unit has similar features as an automatic transfer switch power distribution unit; however, it can also switch between the power sources in live mode, i.e., keeping the servers and UPS live while switching the power source from UPS to a live wall outlet. This type of power distribution unit offers dual input connections and a manual bypass switch, enabling the replacement of standard plug-in UPS systems for maintenance without disturbing the power supply to the connected server or networking loads. The primary benefit of installing hot-swap power distribution units is that it minimizes the downtime that affects the operational expenses that occur due to scheduled UPS maintenance periods. Companies offering a comprehensive product portfolio for hot-swap power distribution units include Vertiv (US), Tripp Lite (US), Eaton (Ireland), and others.
The major players in the global power distribution unit market are Cisco Systems (US), Eaton (Ireland), Vertiv (US), Schneider Electric (France), Tripp Lite (US), ABB (Switzerland), Legrand (France), Panduit (US), Aten (China), Delta Electronics (China), Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) (US), and Socomec (France).
- In January 2019, Eaton launched a new High-density Rack Power Distribution Unit. The unit features the ability to choose between selectable cable lengths and 21 input plug options.
- In November 2018, Eaton collaborated with UL (India) to launch its first UL Gigabit Network M2 certified network card. The Gigabit M2 network card is designed to protect data centers and PDUs against cyberattacks.
- In September 2017, Tripp Lite (US) and Tuangru (Canada) jointly ventured for Tuangru’s RAMP DCIM product, which is certified by Tripp Lite as fully compatible, with its line of network-enabled PDUs. It monitors power quality, disruptions, and outage calls to identify and resolve power-related issues quickly.