- Learning about some common app development mistakes will make it easier for you to avoid them and enhance the efficiency of your business.
- Adding too many features normally is a bad idea as such apps tend to be labeled as useless by the audience.
- You should not create and run an app without the use of analytics as it is tantamount of committing suicide.
With the ever-expanding prospects of the mobile app development business, you must be thinking that it would be really great to have a mobile app which can help you to achieve phenomenal financial success. However, even if you are all set to come up with an app of your own, you must learn about the common mistakes associated with the process so that you can steer clear of them.
As many mobile app development companies would tell you, it takes a lot than just having a great idea for a new app. In order to make sure that your app becomes the next best thing, you should execute the developmental process carefully.
Even if all you want is just to create a nice native mobile app for expanding your online presence and not some kind of stand-alone app for a target audience, you still need to make sure that your app has many standout features and a thoroughly engaging design so that it can be marketed easily. This is something that only an experienced mobile app development company can deliver you. To achieve the best results, you should definitely avoid some major mistakes when you are looking to have your own app developed. So let’s have a look at some of them so that you can be well prepared.
1. Developing apps for multiple platforms at the same time
Android and iOS are two of the main application ecosystems that you need to choose from when you are looking to develop an app. Together these two ecosystems have millions of apps between them. More than 90% of the apps used all over the world are made for Android and iOS platforms. This would make it seem to you that developing apps for both at the same time is a good idea. However, this is one of the most serious mistakes that you can ever make. Ideally, you should make an app for any one of these two ecosystems and then follow it up with the other one. Developing for both platforms at the same time would make it difficult for you to roll out updates or manage errors.
- Publish 3 Press Releases Over 2 weeks for $21
- Publish 2 Press Releases for $16 – Best PR Deal on the Internet?
- Publish Your Press Release on Google & Communal News for Just $11!
- Social Media Management – Business Brand Basic Package
- 401k Plans Fiduciary Review Services – 4 Hour Consult
- Build 5 Page WordPress Website for only $199
- Excel Spreadsheets & Automation VBA/Macros
- Publish 3 Press Releases for $20! – Connects with Google news, Goolge & Bing Organic Search plus Social Media Websites
- Social Media Business Boot Camp – Learn how to Leverage Social Media for Business Returns
- $12 for Google News & More Press Release – Possibly the Best PR Deal on the Internet
2. Adding a lot of features
A lot of developers may tell you that feature-rich apps are the best apps in the market. This could not be farther from the truth. You should instead focus more on adding only a few features that would boost the user experience greatly. Adding too many features normally is a bad idea as such apps tend to be labeled as useless by the audience.
3. Do not develop apps as an extension of the webpage
It is important that you do not create apps thinking that they are merely extensions of your webpage or website. Your app should be able to provide a separate sense of value to the users so that they love using it. Thinking of apps as simply extension of websites is a surefire way to create an app that fails at the end of the day.
4. Not backing up your app project with research
You should have a clear idea of the demographic that you want to make your app for. Unless you know what your audience wants, you will never be able to come up with an app that they think is useful. It will also lead to a failure of using your financial resources properly. So never create an app without sufficient research.
5. Not using app analytics
Analytics help to understand in-app behavior of the users and you will definitely need such insight when you want to come up with an app that is reliable for the users. You should also come up with enhanced updates for your app on a regular basis and this is something where app analytics can help greatly. Therefore, you should not create and run an app without the use of analytics as it is tantamount of committing suicide.
Learning about these common app development mistakes will make it easier for you to avoid them and enhance the efficiency of your business. You can also focus on promoting your app properly so that it produces the best results.