- In today’s world, IT is more critical than ever to setting company strategy and creating competitive advantage.
- The only way to build a truly innovative and collaborative culture is to make sure everyone has a voice.
- Remote working is no longer an exception, it’s the norm.
The way we work has changed for good. Today’s office is engaging, flexible, and dynamic. Instead of hardware and cubicles, we understand employees are our biggest assets.
IT’S UP TO YOU
In today’s world, IT is more critical than ever to setting company strategy and creating competitive advantage. The rules have changed in business communications. With the rise of the anywhere worker, communications systems need to be available on any device, anywhere in the world. Phones are no longer disparate systems, they are embedded tools that share data and functionality across applications.
The only way to build a truly innovative and collaborative culture is to make sure everyone has a voice. And that starts with choosing a business communications platform that empowers the modern anywhere worker.
PURE CLOUD HAS WON, AND WITH IT, COMPANIES ARE SCALING FASTER, INNOVATING MORE RAPIDLY, AND DRIVING BETTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES.
5 NEW RULES FOR MODERN BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS
In this guide, we examine 5 new rules that IT leaders need to live by to make strategic technology choices about communications software:
- Enable Employees to Work from Anywhere
- Accelerate Productivity with Integrations
- Invest in Pure Cloud Platforms
- Global Scale and Elastic Management
- Deliver a Consumer-Grade User Experience
WHY READ THIS GUIDE?
Arm yourself with the questions and knowledge to think critically about what your organization needs for communications now and into the future. For each criteria, we break down major requirements for a new communications system. We’ve also included questions you can ask to guide your IT strategy. Start by asking these questions internally to determine your success criteria, and then use them to engage with vendors.
- 3(21) Investment Advisor – Fiduciary Services – Flat Fee of $50 / Hour of Consulting
- A beautiful, well-written article that seamlessly promotes your business
- Professional Fiduciary Services – $100 for 2 hours
- Publish 3 Press Releases Over 2 weeks for $21
- Publish 2 Press Releases for $16 – Best PR Deal on the Internet?
- Publish Your Press Release on Google & Communal News for Just $11!
- Social Media Management – Business Brand Basic Package
- 401k Plans Fiduciary Review Services – 4 Hour Consult
- Build 5 Page WordPress Website for only $199
- Excel Spreadsheets & Automation VBA/Macros
Rule #1 ENABLE EMPLOYEES TO WORK FROM ANYWHERE
Remote working is no longer an exception, it’s the norm. A survey by Lab42 Research and Dialpad uncovered that 84% of companies have remote workers and 67% offer a work-from-home policy. A desk-phone-centric communications system simply doesn’t fit in this new reality.
Your business communications solution must ensure employees experience the same levels of productivity wherever they are. Modern communication tools break down silos of geography and build stronger, more integrated teams. Working from anywhere also means considering BringYour-Own-Device (BYOD) policies. Many employees supplement poor business communications systems by using their personal phone numbers, causing IT teams to lose control of customer data and analytics.
KEY WORK-FROM-ANYWHERE REQUIREMENTS:
- How does your business communications platform allow employees to communicate from anywhere and on any device?
- How will your business communications platform connect your remote workforce?
- How does your communications solutions fit into your Anywhere IT Stack?
- How do you enable a BYOD workforce?
- Does the solution work seamlessly across carrier and wifi calling, so employees can use their business number from anywhere?
- How do you support international offices?
Rule #2 ACCELERATE PRODUCTIVITY WITH INTEGRATIONS
Business communications is no longer a siloed system tied to desk phones. Borrowing from the world of software, new communications solutions open up great potential for integrating with other business applications. Three key areas of focus are improving collaboration, analytics, and security.
Modern teams expect to be able to share and collaborate on documents while communicating in real time. Integrating your voice and unified communication tools with the world’s best productivity tools allows them to get work done faster.
Across all these tools, administrators want to see analytics—from measuring sales phone calls to assessing agent productivity. But admins shouldn’t be the only people with access to data. This also means security is essential. Communications platforms must fit with your company’s security policies, often requiring integration through Single sign-on and identity management applications.
KEY INTEGRATION REQUIREMENTS:
- How does your business communication system (e.g, video, messaging, meetings) integrate with email and productivity solutions, such as Office 365 or G Suite?
- Does your business communication solution allow your company directory to sync with users’ devices?
- How does your business communication solution provide additional context to employees while engaged in conversation?
- Does it integrate with popular social networks such as LinkedIn?
- How does your solution impact CRM workflows and analytics? How can you leverage your communications system to optimize productivity in sales and service?
- How do employees get access to their own insights and data?
- What are your security policies for authentication and encryption?
- Does your business communications system integrate with identity and lifecycle management providers?