- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into activator and utility adjuvants.
- On the basis of the application, herbicides exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the crop type, the market has been categorized into cereals and oilseeds, fruits and vegetables, and others.
According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Agricultural Adjuvant Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global agricultural adjuvant market size reached $3 billion in 2018. Agricultural adjuvants are agents that are used to enhance the efficiency of pesticides, such as fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides.
Some of the most common ingredients included in adjuvants are surfactants, oils, salts and emulsifiers. They are known to modify the properties of the spray solution to control or eliminate unwanted pests and plant disease by improving the ability of the pesticide to penetrate and protect the target organism. Agricultural adjuvants are also utilized for boosting properties such as spreading, adhesion, penetration, droplet size and the wettability of spray droplets.
This can further aid in the penetration of the active ingredient into the target species, which improves the herbicide activity and pesticide absorption into plant cells while minimizing herbicide photo-degradation. These additives can be directly added to the spray tank or incorporated in the formulation along with a pesticide.
The global agricultural adjuvant market is driven by increasing demand for efficient farming practices, along with the popularity of precision farming.
- 3(21) Investment Advisor – Fiduciary Services – Flat Fee of $50 / Hour of Consulting
- A beautiful, well-written article that seamlessly promotes your business
- Professional Fiduciary Services – $100 for 2 hours
- Publish 3 Press Releases Over 2 weeks for $21
- Publish 2 Press Releases for $16 – Best PR Deal on the Internet?
Global Agricultural Adjuvant Market Trends:
Agricultural adjuvants are utilized for improving crop productivity. An increase in the demand for efficient agricultural practices to meet the global demand for food has impelled the uptake of these agents. In addition to this, the emerging trend of precision farming, which extensively utilizes adjuvants, is contributing to the market growth.
Apart from this, the growing demand for eco-friendly products has provided an impetus to the demand for bio-based adjuvants, which are safe and biodegradable in nature. Furthermore, governments of several countries are focusing on sustainable development, which in turn, is propelling the demand for naturally derived adjuvants. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to reach a value of $4 billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.4% during 2019-2024.