- The market has been divided into flexible plastic, rigid plastic, paper and paper board, glass, metal, and others.
- The market has been bifurcated into single- and multi-pack, wherein single-pack exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Driven by the increasing demand for fresh dairy products and the introduction of eco-friendly packaging in the market.
According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dairy Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global dairy packaging market size reached $21.7 billion in 2018.
Efficient dairy packaging is crucial for providing protection against contamination and tampering of the product. It acts as a barrier against chemical, distribution and biological damages to ensure that the products reach end users in the optimal condition. It is also used to provide relevant information about the product, which includes ingredient list, nutritional value, manufacturing date, expiry date and directions for usage.
- Promote Your Business – 3 Articles in 100 Languages for $149
- 3(21) Investment Advisor – Fiduciary Services – Flat Fee of $50 / Hour of Consulting
- A beautiful, well-written article that seamlessly promotes your business
- Professional Fiduciary Services – $100 for 2 hours
- Publish 3 Press Releases Over 2 weeks for $21
Some of the most common packaging types of dairy products are cups, tubs, cans and sachets. As numerous dairy products, such as milk, cream, milkshakes and cheese, are highly perishable in nature. Therefore, high-quality packaging solutions are adopted by manufacturers to lengthen the products’ shelf life.
The growing health consciousness among consumers has led them to incorporate protein-rich food products in their diets, which is primarily driving the sales of dairy products across the globe. This, along with the rising preference toward fresh dairy products and inflating income levels, is augmenting the demand for high-quality dairy packaging across the globe.
Moreover, airtight packaging materials are widely adopted by manufacturers for packing ice creams and frozen desserts as they can be stored in freezers for several months without affecting the flavor or texture of the product. In addition to this, several manufacturers are continually engaging in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce eco-friendly variants in the market owing to the rising consumer preference toward sustainable development.
For instance, Stanpac, an Ontario-based packaging manufacturing company, manufactures completely recyclable paperboard containers made from sustainable sawdust from the lumber industry. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a value of $26.9 billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2019-2024.