- Personality testing tool is considered as the most effective tool while making the choice of a correct individual so as which may contribute their best for the achievement of organizational objectives.
- These tests have been regarded as one of the strongest tests to determine the potentiality of an individual to deal with various job situations.
- They assist the recruiters in assessing the individual on the basis of their communication skills, values and most importantly the personality.
Thoughts, beliefs, expectations, and values define the personality of an individual. Every person in this world has a different personality with different attitudes, behaviors, habits as well as physical traits. Emotions, thoughts, motivation, and behavior of an individual influence the different pattern forming personality.
Personality develops during the socialization process relating to a particular group or society. For example, a killer is regarded as a hero in a war whereas considered as a criminal in peacetime. Hence, there are two major determinants of personality i.e. heredity and environment which contribute to the formation of the personality of an individual. Heredity is the part of the personality that finds its inception in biology. On the other hand, the environment determines the part of the personality which is based on social as well as situational factors.
Also, the personality traits play an important role in describing the behavior of an individual through Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and The Big Five Model. MBTI is an indicator which categorizes people into 1 out of 16 personalities which may be as follows:
- Extrovert V/S Introvert: A person who has an extrovert personality easily mixes up with others are more sociable and assertive and the person having an introvert personality is shy, less confident and not so outspoken.
- Thinking V/S Feeling: Thinking personality type uses logical reasoning to solve different kind of problems whereas feeling types depend on emotional and personal values.
- Sensitive V/S Intuitive: Sensitive personality types are more concern to practicality, focus on details and order in comparison to intuitive personality types who mainly focus on intuitions i.e. unconscious processes.
- Perceiving V/S Judging: Perceiving personality types are spontaneous and flexible in all means and judging personality types prefer ordering, controlled and structured world.
- 3(21) Investment Advisor – Fiduciary Services – Flat Fee of $50 / Hour of Consulting
- A beautiful, well-written article that seamlessly promotes your business
- Professional Fiduciary Services – $100 for 2 hours
- Publish 3 Press Releases Over 2 weeks for $21
- Publish 2 Press Releases for $16 – Best PR Deal on the Internet?
- Publish Your Press Release on Google & Communal News for Just $11!
- Social Media Management – Business Brand Basic Package
- 401k Plans Fiduciary Review Services – 4 Hour Consult
- Build 5 Page WordPress Website for only $199
- Excel Spreadsheets & Automation VBA/Macros
The second indicator is the Big Five Model which includes 5 personas i.e. Consciousness, Openness to Personality, Emotional Stability, Agreeableness and Extroversion.
- Consciousness: it is a personality aspect which describes an individual as responsible, dependent, tenacious and sorted.
- Openness to Personality: it is the personality aspect which defines a person through imagination, sensitiveness, intellect, and art.
- Emotional Stability: it describes an individual as calm, self-confident or nervous or may be insecure even.
- Agreeableness: it is an aspect describing an individual as nice natured, cooperative and trust worthy.
- Extroversion: it is a personality aspect describing an individual as compassionate, amicable and bold.
Furthermore, many organizations take into account the personality of an individual during recruitment and selecting the individual for filling up the vacancies in the organization. Personality testing tool is considered as the most effective tool while making the choice of a correct individual so as which may contribute their best for the achievement of organizational objectives.
These tests have been regarded as one of the strongest tests to determine the potentiality of an individual to deal with various job situations. They assist the recruiters in assessing the individual on the basis of their communication skills, values and most importantly the personality. Beginning from recruitment to employee appraisal till retention, no arena is left undiscovered with the assistance of these tests.
Additionally, they assist in outshining the strengths of an individual and they feel comfortable enough to perform well. For example, the organization performs best when the employees share the same values. Values act as guidance for making behavioral choices. Employees going by the values showcase great levels of artistry and transformation.
Also, there are plenty of reasons why do organizations go for conducting personality tests and most essential among them are:
To check whether the employee will be able to fit the organizational environment: Every organization has a particular work culture. Therefore, it needs to determine the employee chosen whether he would be able to fit with organizational culture or not. For example, the organization requires a serious headed person and the individual may not perform well as what is required from him. Hence, he wouldn’t be recruited for the same.
- To determine whether an employee is best suited for the role: the second most disclosure made by the personality tests is that if a candidate has the exact righteous attitude to perform the tasks. The most prominent example of this could be sales. Not everyone has the cut-out ability to make sales and deal with rejection and pressurizing deadlines. Therefore, the person with no sales experience would straightway be rejected.
- To determine the communication stripe: Good communication skills are requirements of any work environment. The communication style of the candidate is really essential if an individual interviews for customer-facing or management-level positions. These tests help in evaluating the communication abilities of an individual, how to handle various conflicts and how to team up with their teammates.
Hence, there are some misunderstandings regarding the personality tests as the suggested from the name itself the word ‘test’ brings a gush of fear, anxiety, stress, restlessness in relation to how hard it would be. So, what is more important to keep in view is that the personality tests basically evolve assessing the capability and suitability of a candidate for a particular job. They depict the general preferences of an individual with no incontrollable decree of him being fit or unfit.
The candidates are evaluated on the basis of these tests that whether they would put in their best to achieve the goals of the organization and would do what they are expected to? Also, the results aren’t the reflection about a candidate for what a person he is or receiving a grade for a pass or fail.
Rather these tests reflect the capability of an individual in which they themselves are unknown and the ability to achieve something their career and other areas of life. Furthermore, no organization would achieve success without proper recruitment processes and conduction of personality tests which may also be regarded as the psychometric tests.
The biggest advantage of these tests is that they do not involve any kind of business. Every test performed is crystal clear, transparent depicting the true picture of the candidate. Hence, the success of the organization lies in the hands of employers as well as employees whereas the wrong choice of personnel may lead to non-achievement of objectives.