- Rising demand for breast cancer screening is driving market growth.
- The market in North America is anticipated to hold the largest share in the market.
- The high cost of 3D mammography devices is anticipated to restrict the growth of this market during the forecast period.
3D mammography system provides detailed 3D images during the breast cancer screening procedure which results in better cancer detection by allowing doctors to identify cancerous as well as non-cancerous growth. The market for 3D mammography system is anticipated to record a substantial CAGR during the forecast period, 2019-2027.
This can be attributed to the rising demand for breast cancer screening methodologies that are highly accurate and more effective than 2D mammography techniques. The market is segmented by application, by end user and by region, out of which, the end user segment is further segmented into diagnostic centers, hospitals, clinics and others. Out of these, the hospitals segment is estimated to hold the largest share in the market as a result of growing number of visits by people for screening and diagnostic tests in hospitals.
The market in North America is anticipated to hold the largest share in the market on account of technological advancements in the medical industry which give rise to improved 3D mammography devices. The growing number of companies present in the region which are developing such devices are addition factors estimated to support the market growth. The market in Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to observe the highest growth in the upcoming years as a result of high prevalence of breast cancers and an increased demand for accurate diagnostic devices in the region.
Growing Awareness about Breast Cancer to Support the Market Growth
It was reported by the World Health Organization that an estimate of 627,000 women died from breast cancer in 2018, which comprised of approximately 15% of all cancer-related deaths among women globally. Rising awareness among people, especially women, about the risks associated with breast cancer and the available treatment methods is estimated to become a major growth factor for the 3D mammography system market. However, the high cost of 3D mammography devices is anticipated to restrict the growth of this market during the forecast period.
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
This report also provides the existing competitive scenario of some of the key players of the global 3D mammography system market which includes company profiling:
- GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY (GE)
- Siemens Healthcare (SIE)
- Koninklijke Philips (PHIA)
- Fujifilm Corporation
- IMS GIOTTO and Planmed OY.
The profiling enfolds key information of the companies which encompasses business overview, products and services, key financials and recent news and developments. On the whole, the report depicts detailed overview of the global 3D mammography system market that will help industry consultants, equipment manufacturers, existing players searching for expansion opportunities, new players searching possibilities and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to the ongoing and expected trends in the future.