- Sports nutrition products are increasingly gaining acceptance among new consumer groups.
- A settled regulatory environment related to sports nutrition products in the USA helps drive innovation in the sector.
- Increasing obesity level is driving consumers to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Sports nutrition products, once restricted to its traditional hardcore consumers such as athletes and bodybuilders, are increasingly gaining acceptance among new consumer groups. A greater number of fitness enthusiasts and health-conscious individuals are looking for sports nutrition supplements to help to achieve their health goals.
The U.S. remains the largest market for sports nutrition products in North America region. A settled regulatory environment related to sports nutrition products in the country helps in driving innovation in the sector. Also, high level of awareness regarding sports nutrition products among consumers entails presence of various brands in the market.
The European market has evolved from catering to traditional consumers (athletes and bodybuilders) to new user groups such as lifestyle and recreational users. Increasing obesity level is driving consumers to adopt a healthier lifestyle and a number of gyms and fitness centers witnessed an increase during the review period. The number of health club members in Europe increased from 45.40 million in 2012 to 49.20 million in 2013.
Unlike, in the U.S., consumers in the European market are more inclined to powder drinks. However, like in the U.S., European consumers have high awareness of sports nutrition products. A rise in the number of health clubs and fitness centers are driving the growth of sports nutrition products.
- Buy Research Report: Combine Harvesters Market to Ride Wave of Profitability on Back of its Versatile Operations
- Buy Research Report: Soil Compaction Machines to Witness Heightened Demand, Underpinned by Array of Infrastructural Initiatives by Government
- Buy Research Report: Luxury Eyewear Sales to Surpass US$ 50 Bn Mark by 2027; Eyeglasses Hold over 60% Market Share
- Buy Research Report: Sales of Fruit Snacks to Soar, as Profound Nutritional Understanding Heightens Consumer Spending, Finds Fact.MR
- Buy Research Report: Covid-19 Impact on Data Protection As-A-Service Market To Develop With Upgradation In Product Range
The Global Sports Nutrition Market is divided into three segments: Sports Food, Sports Drinks and Sports Supplements. Sports drink segment accounts for the largest share of 60%, and registered CAGR of 7.7% between 2010 and 2013.
Growth in the sports drinks segment, which has a high market penetration, is expected to be comparatively less than sports food and supplement segment as the segments expand their product features to attract new consumers.
Top Key players
This report includes a study of strategies, of major Sports Nutrition Market players. It includes the product Portfolios and developments of leading major players such as PepsiCo Inc, Glanbia Plc, GNC Holdings, The Coca-Cola Company, Clif Bar & Company, and others.
This research report has provides insights, on various levels of industry analysis, market share analysis leading market players and their profiles. This report also helps in studying the target segments by providing views on emerging & high-growth segments and market conclusions.