- The market has been divided into American whiskey, Irish whiskey, Scotch whiskey, Canadian whiskey and others. Among these, Scotch whiskey is the most preferred segment.
- The premium category exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major segments include high-end premium and super premium.
- Moderate consumption of this beverage is associated with improving the metabolism.
Whiskey is a distilled alcoholic beverage which is prepared from the fermented grain mash of corn, rye, wheat and barley. The global whiskey market is driven by changing lifestyle patterns, in confluence with inflating per capita income.
The alcohol content in whiskey is increased by the process of distillation and is further aged in wooden barrels which are usually made of charred white oak. Some of the most common steps
required for preparing good quality whiskey include mashing, fermenting, blending and bottling. Moderate consumption of this beverage is associated with improving the metabolism, preventing stroke, enhancing heart functions, increasing the level of good cholesterol and fighting against cancer cells. Some of the most common types include Irish, Scotch, American, grain and blended whiskeys.
According to the latest report by IMARC Group, the global whiskey market size reached $56.7 Billion in 2018.
Changing lifestyle patterns, in confluence with inflating per capita income and rapid urbanization, have catalyzed the demand for whiskey, particularly in emerging economies. In addition to this, the growing trend of socializing and corporate gatherings is boosting the sales of alcoholic beverages across the globe.
- Data Entry Operator
- Logo Designing – Coveted Graphic Designs Only $7
- Buy Research Report: Adiponitrile Market to Cross US$ 12 Bn by 2029, Driven by Strong Demand for Polymer Nylon 6-6, Concludes Fact.MR
- Buy Research Report: Premium Cosmetics Sales to Grow at 7% CAGR Through 2029; Skincare Products Hold over 40% Market Share
- Buy Research Report: Sales of Home Entertainment Devices to Exhibit 6% CAGR Through 2029; Video Devices Hold over 80% Market Share,
Growing awareness among consumers regarding the benefits of natural products has led them to shift toward organic whiskey variants which are prepared from organic barley and are aged in virgin oak casks. Innovations in the manufacturing of alcoholic drinks and proliferation of online retail stores providing ease of access, hassle-free shopping experience, along with premium brands and a wide variety to choose from, are also creating a positive outlook for the market.
Some of the other major factors contributing to the market growth include constant product innovations, the growing popularity of whiskey-based tourism and extensive promotional activities conducted by manufacturers. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of $76.9 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2019-2024.
On the geographical front, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market including Diageo plc, Bacardi Limited, Suntory Beverage & Food Limited, Pernod Ricard, The Brown–Forman Corporation, Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, William Grant & Sons Holdings Ltd, The Edrington Group, Allied Blenders and Distillers Pvt. Ltd., Constellation Brands, and La Martiniquaise.