- A structured cabling system provides a comprehensive telecom infrastructure.
- While installing the structured cabling system, make sure the devices are compatible with the system.
- The structured cable should be extensible enough to connect all the devices.
The cabling system in the world is fast evolving. The ever-changing technological changes are making the terms more advanced. The more advanced form of cabling is structured cabling. The structured cabling system is used in the IT world for many basic and advanced applications. Industries which are using structured cabling system are IT, data centers and telecommunication networks. Due to the versatility and reliability of the cable, it is becoming the top priority of businesses and households.
There are certain principles of structured cabling which must be kept in mind before opting for it. This article will explain what these principles are. Read on to know more.
Basic Principles of structured cabling:
A structured cabling system provides a comprehensive telecom infrastructure. This infrastructure will only work if the cabling system is installed properly. Only the professional structured cabling companies in Dubai know how to install it the correct way. Certain principles, termed as basic, for the construction or installation of the structured cabling system. Following are some of the basic principles which must be kept in mind.
A structured cabling system provides a comprehensive telecom infrastructure. The connectors should be standardized to connect different devices like telephone, computers and other networking devices
2. Structuring the design:
The structure of the structured cabling system must be distinguished based on the subsystems. While installing the cabling system, structure facilitates the configuration and smooth operation of the system. A great deal of attention should be given to the design. All the subsystems must be put in the right places to have a functional cabling system.
To keep the cabling system reliable, certain things must be taken care of. These factors are necessary to avoid any mishaps like cable distortion or system failure. These factors are:
- The length of the horizontal wire must not exceed 90m.
- The equipment used in the cabling system must fall under category 5.
- Each link in the cable system must belong to at least the 5th
While installing the structured cabling system, make sure the devices are compatible with the system. Compatibility is the ability to use any standard equipment and instrument. Whether it’s analog or digital telephone exchange, they must be consistent with the structured cabling system.
The structured cable should be extensible enough to connect all the devices. Whether it is supposed to connect existing devices or new ones, the extensibility should be appropriate. The proper management of devices is necessary since the maximum length of horizontal wiring is 90. The distance of devices should not exceed this length.
Read also: Structured Wiring vs. Conventional Cabling
The structured cabling system should be installed for multi-purposes. Keeping in mind the versatile nature of the cable, they can be sued for several purposes. These cables can cater to the many needs of an individual or a business. New devices can easily be added to the network without causing any disturbance to the overall network. With this in front, the structured cabling companies in Dubai install the cable for different entities at different sites.
Structured cabling system has some standards recognized globally. The cable system must be installed per these standards. The sole reason behind this standardized work is to keep the system up and running. Some of the standards of structured cabling system are:
- Commercial Building telecommunication wiring standards (TIA/EIA-568-A-1995)
TIA/EIA-568-A Updates (1998-1999)
- Commercial Building telecommunication wiring standards (TIA 568-B.1-2000)
- Commercial Building Standards for Telecommunication Pathways and Spaces (TIA/EIA-569-A-1995)
- Residential and Light Commercial Telecommunications Wiring Standard (TIA-570-A-1998)
Read also: Fiber Optic Augment the Medical Community
Why follow these principles?
You may have heard the phrase, “I love technology, but only when it is working.” The many benefits of fiber optic and structured cabling can only be achieved if it works properly. The functionality of such a complex cabling network depends on a few things. These things are:
- Standards: For the proper functioning of the structured cabling system, it must be installed according to the set standards. Without these standards, the cabling system would be distorted.
- Subsystems: There is a total of six subsystems in the structured cabling. Each of these subsystems has a crucial role to perform. If not installed properly, these subsystems could be the error points.
- Principles: The structured cabling network works based on certain principles. These principles explain the Do’s and Don’ts of structured cabling networks. If not followed, the system’s installation could go wrong, ending up in a down cabling system.
Why hire an expert installation company?
The installation process of structured cabling is hazardous, and a little prick could do the damage. There are numerous standards, subsystems and principles involved in the installation. Only expert installation companies can identify these points and properly install the system. For a functional and running cabling network, the services of these professional companies are necessary.