- Without consumer interest, your niche is not going to bring much revenue.
- One of the best ways to get people to click your link is to write product reviews.
- When you are talking about a product, carefully mention the affiliate link so that your reader checks out the product.
Who doesn’t like the idea of getting a passive income? Affiliate marketing is one popular way of doing that. But even for passive income to come, you have to put the work in. Choosing a niche, picking an affiliate program and buying a domain is easy. What’s not so easy is getting your first sale. How do you get people to click the link from your website and make a purchase? This is something lots of affiliate marketers are struggling with.
Sometimes, an offer is so stellar, the customer just cannot resist. I can relate to it very well. When I saw the Cox Internet prices, I decided to ditch my provider and subscribe to Cox there and then. Their pricing and speed were so affordable! But, the same situation might not apply in all cases. No worries, the tips shared below will help you earn your first affiliate commission.
Caution: A lot of hard work is required.
#1: Go Back and Review Your Niche
Before you settle on a niche, I want you to go back and rethink. Why? Because the success of this initiative depends on how demanding YOUR product is. Ideally, you must choose a niche you are most passionate about. For instance, if you are passionate about makeup, choose a makeup product.
Then, check if there’s monetary potential in that niche. If your passion product isn’t profitable enough, what’s the point, right?
After that, you must be certain there is enough demand for that product. Without consumer interest, your niche is not going to bring much revenue. There must be a balance between interest, potential revenue, and demand.
#2: Write Product Reviews
One of the best ways to get people to click your link is to write product reviews. Fact: 70 percent of the consumers rely on reviews before they make a purchase. If the review is thorough and positive, they are likely to take action.
The review must include benefits of the product, its features, how can it solve the consumer’s problem and a brief list of pros and cons.
- Buy Research Report: Combine Harvesters Market to Ride Wave of Profitability on Back of its Versatile Operations
- Buy Research Report: Soil Compaction Machines to Witness Heightened Demand, Underpinned by Array of Infrastructural Initiatives by Government
- Buy Research Report: Luxury Eyewear Sales to Surpass US$ 50 Bn Mark by 2027; Eyeglasses Hold over 60% Market Share
- Buy Research Report: Sales of Fruit Snacks to Soar, as Profound Nutritional Understanding Heightens Consumer Spending, Finds Fact.MR
- Buy Research Report: Covid-19 Impact on Data Protection As-A-Service Market To Develop With Upgradation In Product Range
#3: Write a Product Comparison Post
Not all the posts on your website must be product reviews. Add comparison posts as well. Tell your readers how your product is different from that of your competitors.
Instead of reviewing one product, you will be reviewing a list of products. This type of blog is going to be different from a normal product that is focused on one product.
#4: Sprinkle Links throughout Your Content
This is very critical because you want the user to click and make a purchase. Also, it’s important that the link is relevant. But don’t flood your content with links. This could annoy the readers.
When you are talking about a product, carefully mention the affiliate link so that your reader checks out the product. You can also recommend your product by stating the problem it can solve.
#5: Write Blogs That Address Common Problems
Your blog post must address common concerns of your target market. A good practice is to do some keyword research. This will help you figure out what your audience is interested in and what they are searching for online. Don’t forget to check what your competitors are doing.
#6: Build an Audience
Once your content is in place and your website is up and running, start building an audience. Only interested audience brings consistent traffic and consistent sales. But the question is, how can you start building an audience? These are some ideas:
- The first trick is to promote your content via social media platforms. It’s a one-on-one way of building a relationship with the target audience, earn their trust and then promote your product or service to them.
- Use a newsletter to reach out to your audience. Reach out to people by landing in their inbox and develop their interest in your product.
- Offer some giveaways. You will have to stick to this strategy for inviting customers. And who doesn’t love free stuff, right?
#7: Use Paid Media
Some affiliate marketers are also tapping into the power of paid media to reach out to more people and get leads.
Paid media is very effective in amplifying your message. Some brands do not allow an affiliate to promote their products directly by running ads. If that’s the trouble, use ads to drive traffic to your own channels such as your social media page or website.
When you are running an ad, your objective is to create content that appeals to your buyer persona. Reach out to the core segments of your target audience. Along with social media ads, use Google ads.
Be steady and consistent in your efforts. The results might not be as spontaneous as digital personal assistant (they are super-fast in addressing customer needs), but eventually, you will get there. Good luck with making your first sale!