- low per hectare yield as compared to the global average and increasing pest attacks further strengthen the need for crop protection via use of agrochemicals.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest agrochemicals market.
- Agrochemicals consists of herbicides, insecticides, bactericides, and plant growth regulators.
Agrochemicals is an important agricultural support industry and boosts agriculture, while preventing, reducing and eliminating the impact of disasters to increase food output and safety. Agrochemicals consists of herbicides, insecticides, bactericides, and plant growth regulators.
The Agrochemicals Market is important because it enhances food and nutrition security for the population. Moreover, low per hectare yield as compared to the global average and increasing pest attacks further strengthen the need for crop protection via use of agrochemicals.
Some of the prominent factors that positively influence the growth of the agrochemicals market are an alarming lack of cultivable land in some areas, and increasing research & development. Increasing urbanization along with rising per capita disposable income in the developed and emerging economies are predicted to focus on the cash crops market over the forecast period, 2017 to 2023.
Rising need for the agriculture sector to undergo technological transformation and adopt modern methods which reduce the dependency on rains and ensure more productive use of available resources is driving the agrochemicals market growth. Insecticides are the largest sub-segment of agrochemicals with highest market share and followed by herbicides market share are the fastest growing segment in the global agrochemicals market. However, growing environmental concern regarding the toxic effect of chemicals used in agrochemicals along with the implementation of strict regulations are predicted to hinder market growth over the assessment period, 2017 to 2023.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest agrochemicals market followed by North America and Europe due to the presence of the highest cultivable land and population. In Europe, Germany, Russia, and Spain are predicted to register a strong growth on account of tremendous demand for agrochemicals owing to presence of less cultivable land. In Asia Pacific, countries such as China, India, and South Korea are the fastest growing markets for agrochemicals and the region is estimated to grow with the same pace over the forecast period. Improving living standards along with aflourishing agriculture sector are predicted to contribute to the regional market growth.
- Buy Research Report: Patient Care Monitoring Systems Market – Insights on Upcoming Trends COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Breast Cancer Drug Market – Insights on Scope COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Global Virtual Network Functions Industry driven by the growing need for advanced network management systems
- Buy Research Report: Craft Soda Market 2018 Leading Manufacturers Analysis and Global Demand Till 2026
- Buy Research Report: Consumer Identity Access Market 2026 Overview, Consumption, Supply, Demand & Insights
Some of the prominent players operating in the global agrochemicals market are The Mosaic Company (the U.S.), Bayer CropScience Limited (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (the U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), Monsanto Company (the U.S.), Syngenta AG (Switzerland), Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Israel), Nufarm Limited (Australia), Arysta LifeScience Corporation (Japan) and Crystal Crop Protection Pvt. Ltd. (India) among others.
The global agrochemicals market is categorized based on type, product type, and region. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into fertilizers and pesticides. Based on fertilizers product type the market is segmented into potassic, nitrogenous, phosphatic. Based on pesticides product type the market is segmented into fungicides, insecticides, herbicides, bio-pesticides. Based on crop type, the market is segmented into food grains, cash crops, plantation crops, horticulture crops. Based on region, the market is categorized into Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, and the Middle East & Africa.