- iPhone could have transparent side ends and back panel, which will allow you to equip the smartphone with additional screens that will be visible from the side and back.
- An electronic device includes a six-sided glass enclosure defining an interior volume and comprising a first glass member and a second glass member.
- Apple has another patent pertaining to the wrap around foldable phone.
A patent has been found from Apple describing the design of the iPhone in a completely glass case. According to the Apple Insider portal the document refers to a device that may seem to be made of a single piece of glass, although in reality it may consist of several pieces connected together.
According to the information from the patent, an iPhone can have transparent side ends and the back panel, which will allow you to equip the smartphone with additional screens that will be visible from the side and back; moreover, these screens, as indicated in the patent, can be touch-sensitive (thus, perhaps, the usual buttons will be replaced by touch areas).
“An electronic device includes a six-sided glass enclosure defining an interior volume and comprising a first glass member and a second glass member.
The first glass member defines at least a portion of a first major side of the six-sided glass enclosure, at least a portion of a peripheral side of the six-sided glass enclosure, a first region along the peripheral side and having a first thickness, and a second region along the peripheral side and having a second thickness different from the first thickness.
The second glass member is attached to the first glass member and defines at least a portion of a second major side of the six-sided glass enclosure. The electronic device further includes a touchscreen display within the interior volume and positioned adjacent at least a portion of each of the six sides of the six-sided glass enclosure.”
- Buy Research Report: Advanced Ceramics Market Estimated Size Be Driven Size Innovation and Industrialization COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: C4ISR Market With Good Revenue Status Till 2025
- Buy Research Report: Combat Helmet Market: coming out this year will drive leading key players
- Buy Research Report: Biopsy Device Market With Worldwide Industry Analysis to 2028
- Buy Research Report: Microhospitals: Healthcare’s Newest Patient Access Point
Moreover, Apple has another patent pertaining to the wrap around foldable phone:
“[C]onsumer electronic product includes at least a transparent housing and a flexible display assembly enclosed within the transparent housing. In the described embodiment, the flexible display assembly is configured to present visual content at any portion of the transparent housing. “
In comparison to the previous patents this one has two or more scenes that overlap.
Previously, Apple also filed for a patent with flexible input-output components:
“[E]lectronic device may have control circuitry coupled to input-output devices such as a display. A flexible input-output device may be formed from an elastomeric substrate layer. The substrate layer may have signal paths to which components are mounted. Openings may be formed in the elastomeric substrate layer between the signal paths to create a stretchable mesh-shaped substrate.
The electrical components may each include an interposer having solder pads soldered to the elastomeric substrate. Electrical devices such as micro-light-emitting diodes may be soldered to the interposers. The electrical components may also include electrical devices such as sensors and actuators. A stretchable lighting unit may have a stretchable light guide illuminated by a stretchable light source.”