- The change in geopolitical parameters across major production and consumption economies is dynamically shaping the global automotive industry landscape.
- However, economic slowdown in prime economies such as India and South Korea are anticipated to hinder the growth of global automotive sales during forthcoming years.
- Asia pacific is anticipated to witness highest growth during the forecast period, irrespective of current geopolitical crisis prevalent in major economies.
The Automotive HMI Market — Global Market Share, Trends, Analysis and Forecasts, 2020–2030 provides insights on key developments, sales network, business strategies, research & development activities, major production and consumption, supply chain analysis, competitive landscape, and market composition analysis.
Technological innovations, rising demand for connected & autonomous vehicle, rising research and development activities, and increasing demand for high-end luxury cars are key factors driving market growth.
Robust growth prospect of Automotive Industry to substantiate Automotive HMI market growth
Automotive industry is witnessing a paradigm shift in terms of adoption of new technologies for automotive productions as well as advanced automobiles itself. The change in geopolitical parameters across major production and consumption economies is dynamically shaping the global automotive industry landscape. The demand for autonomous vehicles is witnessing a perpetual increase year on year with North America and Asia Pacific being the major demand generating geographies. However, economic slowdown in prime economies such as India and South Korea are anticipated to hinder the growth of global automotive sales during forthcoming years.
- Buy Research Report: Assessing the COVID-19 Effect: Hand Soap Production Soars, Driven Primarily by Precautionary Hand Hygiene Measures Adopted During the Pandemic
- Buy Research Report: Mapping the Impact of COVID-19: Sales of Medicinal Herbs to Soar as Health Concerns Abound
- Buy Research Report: Computer Aided Detection Market on a Dexterous Growth Trajectory on Back of Rapid Detection of Debilitating Diseases
- Buy Research Report: Assessing the COVID-19 Effect: Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) Production Impacted by Disruptions in Mining and Automotive Industries
- Buy Research Report: Millimeter Wave Technology Market size Witness Increase in Revenues size COVID-19 2026
The demand for electric vehicles is on the rise owing to concerns over the use of fossil fuel powered automobiles. The prime center for the development, manufacturing, and deployment of electric vehicles are the European countries that are continuously engaged in development and adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles.
Moreover, government initiative to curb the pollution levels in Asian countries is anticipated to be bolster the growth of automotive industry in coming time. Automotive HMIs has emerged as a prime component of an automobile owing to wide functionalities and operations carried out by these products.
From a basic functional HMI displaying vehicle parameters such as radio console to an advanced all parameter display and control unit, automotive HMIs are finding place across a wide range of automobiles. Consequently, the growth of automotive industry as a whole, is anticipated to fuel automotive HMI market during the next decade.
Acoustic Interface HMIs to witness increased penetration across midrange and luxury vehicles in near future
The automotive HMI market is segmented based on technology, application, access type, end use, vehicle type, and geography. Based on technology, the market is segmented into visual interface, acoustic interface and other. The visual interface HMIs dominated the market during recent years and are anticipated to contribute a prominent share to the market.
However, market growth is anticipated to be primary driven by acoustic interface HMIs owing to consumer preference and ease of operation offered by voice activated & controlled HMIs.
Enhanced user experience and driver convenience to be the prime facets encouraging automotive manufacturers in adopting advanced multifunctional HMI.
Based on application, the global automotive HMI market is segmented into voice control systems, central displays, instrument clusters, steering mounted controls, heads-up displays (HUD), rear seat entertainment (RSE) displays, and multifunction switches. Among the applications, Heads-up Display (HUD) are anticipated to be the fastest growing segment owing to improved convenience and premium user experience offered by these products.
HUDs offer minimal distraction functionality to a driver and thus contributes in improving overall vehicle safety, as a result, automobile manufacturers are adopting HUDs for commercial as well as passenger vehicles. Europe is anticipated to be the major growth and sales contributing market owing to the presence of major HMI developers and automobile manufacturers across the geography. Asia pacific is anticipated to witness highest growth during the forecast period, irrespective of current geopolitical crisis prevalent in major economies.
Major players dominating the global market include Alpine Electronics Inc., Altran Technologies SA, Continental AG, Clarion Co. Ltd., Delphi Automotive PLC, Harman International Industries, Inc., Luxoft Holding, Inc., Magneti Marelli S.P.A., Synaptics Incorporated, Visteon Corp., Valeo S.A., and Voicebox Technologies among others.