- It will block fiber optic, infrared and radio signals in real time.
- The proposal also includes using multiple stations at once.
- NATO, and especially the former Soviet bloc nations should take notice.
Roscosmos found a way to hide classified activity within Russia and prevent foreign spy satellites from obtaining information within the region. Furthermore, Roscosmos researchers developed a system to hide classified activities in Russia from the operational surveillance being used by foreign spy satellites. The method of implementation is by completely silencing the data transmission during the use of ground-based radio stations. This information became available via Roscosmos’ website.
The Roscosmos State Corporation for Space Activities, commonly known as Roscosmos, is a state corporation responsible for the wide range and types of space flights and cosmonautics programs for the Russian Federation.
When there is activity happening, and the protected regions fall under the area of the space surveillance apparatus, it will immediately block the receiver of the space apparatus, which is located specifically in the observation area. It means building myriad of the electronic radio stations, which will block the signals used to transmit data and information. Usually, the surveillance apparatus uses fiber optics, infrared, or radio waves for the information gathering on the ground.
- Fiber optic transmitter is used to feed data, and then transmitter transforms the information into coded light.
- The optical fiber conducts the light signals over a distance.
- An optical booster may be used to amplify the light if it is traveling a long distance.
- An optical receiver decodes the light signal back into the original data format.
- I Will Write Branded SEO Blog Articles to Grow Your Business
- Professional Editor and Proofreader
- Advanced SEO Audit and Keyword Research
- I will give you 21 million ebooks plr articles and digital products
- Promote your Blog Post, Content Product, Affiliate link, Services, eCommerce Store or Shopify to Go Viral
Every object emits infrared light. The hotter an object is, the more radiation it will emit. Detection and processing of infrared radiation can provide a wealth of information about an object that is not available in other regions of the spectrum. Infrared detectors are very important in both civilian and military applications and have been extensively studied over the past century.
Radio waves come from ships, planes, battlefields, search-and-rescue operations, cell towers, and basically anything that needs to communicate with another thing. These waves reveal the things’ locations and their character. Ever more crowded, this spectrum is full of interference and crosstalk. Maybe a new fleet of satellites could help clear the air, DeMay thought, and understand what was whipping through it unseen, and from where.
Nevertheless, the method of interference developed by Roscosmos can only be used when the spy satellites themselves are out of sight from the ground stations, and can not reset the directly received images. Thus, to guarantee a 100 percent success rate in blockage, the proposal also includes using multiple stations at once. The real time transmission channel’s data will be blocked and will not allow a foreign side to to detect the real time activity. The Kremlin will execute the element of surprise and blackouts.
The project implementation will also include the creation of the database of the foreign intelligence satellite systems and its base location, and strategically build the stations that facilitate jamming of these satellites transmission of the information. To note, the project is going to be started immediately, and the completion date has not been announced. It is doubtful the announcement would be made public. However, one could imagine that it could be in the near future.
Additionally, with this announcement, it is even more plausible that the Galileo satellite issues last year could have been directly caused by Russia. NATO, and especially the former Soviet bloc nations should take notice, as the signal jamming would be felt by them in the near future even more frequently.