Skip to main content
- The Arizona State Sun Devils meet the #21-ranked Fresno State Bulldogs in the Las Vegas Bowl on Saturday. It’s all part of a five-game slate that kicks off college football’s 39-game, month-long bowl season.
- Thirty-nine games might seem like a lot. In the past, bowl organizers have had to reach for teams with less-than-stellar records to fill slots. Not this year. Every team boasts a .500 or better record, and four bowl eligible teams will be home for the holidays.
- Bowl season is also a feast for NFL fans, and this year is no exception. Those waiting for the Draft will have, at least, 39 reasons to watch next year’s top NFL prospects.
- Getting to a bowl game was often seen as its own reward, but nowadays, the gifts student athletes receive for getting to those bowl games is an even better reward. Video game consoles, watches, and personalized bobbleheads highlight the list this year.
- It’s also the season for bowl challenge pools, which have become almost as popular among fans as March Madness brackets. Whether it’s to beat your co-workers, or just for fun, everyone has a strategy— or several— to come out on top.