- The art of content marketing includes sharing knowledge with the audience about what they are searching for.
- One of the best practices to promote your content on social media and gain traffic is to create link opportunities.
- The profile information needs to be 100% complete as search engines favor profiles that have complete information.
One of the most talked topics in the online search industry has always been the impact of social media on SEO. More specifically, it is about whether social media helps in SEO efforts. Many Digital Marketing Agency experts claim that SEO is the most important component for the growth of a business in the digital sphere, where competition is huge and fierce.
In this article, we would be discussing in detail how social media can help in improving your SEO rankings.
Here’s How Social Media Helps SEO
Although social media does not impact SEO rankings directly, it can affect factors that affect the rankings. Social media can drive traffic to your website. Sharing links on your social media profiles can help in bringing more traffic to your website. Additionally, social media can also help with content which is one of the best ways to increase the SEO ranking of a website.
Creating content provides the audience with information about your business. Content comes in several different forms such as blogs, videos, eBooks, and infographics. The art of content marketing includes sharing knowledge with the audience about what they are searching for. After a lead finds the content, they would spend some time going through it. When users spend more time on your web page, it sends a signal to the search engines that your web page is valuable. Thus, the search engines would rank your website higher.
Users also tend to find the content organically, thus, a business can use social media platforms for reaching out to more people and increasing their customer base. Social media also helps you to share content with the followers and keep them engaged. Furthermore, the followers can share the content further, exposing your content further. It also helps in creating brand awareness and drives more traffic to your page. This will also improve your SEO rankings.
Best Practices for Social Media SEO
Three main strategies can be used to create various opportunities for social media to help in your organic search efforts. These strategies are as follows:
- Create Link Opportunities: One of the best practices to promote your content on social media and gain traffic is to create link opportunities. This means that you should approach other website owners and bloggers to link your content or a part of it in their social media posts or profiles. This way your content can reach a bigger audience which can ultimately lead to more traffic and conversions.
- Increase the number of Positive Brand Mentions: When a particular brand gets a lot of positive brand mentions on social media, it forces search engines to recognize the brand and view it as an ‘entity’. This increases the SEO ranking of the brand and brings in more traffic to the business.
- Build Partnerships: Using social media to build strategic partnerships is a great way to boost traffic and enhance the SEO ranking of a business. Since it is becoming more and more difficult to reach a target audience organically, one needs to focus on other ways to reach potential customers. Fostering relationships with other website owners and bloggers can help you in reaching a huge customer base and ranking higher.
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Healthcare Consulting Services Market is Set to Reach $15.88 Billion by 2023
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
The Connection Between Social Media and SEO Rankings
The link between social media and SEO rankings start with content marketing. Content marketing is all about informing, enticing, and entertaining the audience. Social media is a great platform to promote your content. SEO makes sure that the digital activity of your brand improves the search engine ranking. These three things work together to achieve relevance for the audience. High-quality content is the one which is:
- Provides guidance and value
- Presentable and shareable
- Free of jargon
Creating high-quality content is the best way to get maximum benefits from your SEO efforts. New content is being produced across the globe daily. Search engines crawl the internet and create an index to find out the best websites when a user searches for something.
The process of crawling and indexing can be tedious and hence search engines such as Google might sometimes turn to Twitter to find new content. In 2015, Google signed a deal with Twitter which can access Twitter’s public data generated by 300 million users. Thus, the profile information, tweets as well as other public data of Twitter users is available to Google in real-time.
Optimizing Social Media for SEO
There are several ways in which social media can be optimized for SEO. Below are some tips to make the most of it:
- Integrate Social Media tools in the Website: It is a good idea to include social sharing tools in your website’s architecture. You can include direct web links to the social media profiles from the website itself and vice versa. One can even add social media sharing buttons to blog posts. Social media links are considered high-quality links as they have a higher web authority.
- Maintain Consistency: Although it is quite easy to create a social media profile, yet this is where most businesses fall short. The profile information needs to be 100% complete as search engines favor profiles that have complete information. This also creates a professional experience for other people in your network.
- Align Social Media with SEO keywords: Keywords play a strong role in maximizing the exposure of social media profiles. It is important to structure the keywords and place them in your social profile properly so that you rank higher in keyword searches on different search engines.
- Use Target Keywords in Social Media Posts: Keywords play a significant role for the website, blog as well as ad campaigns, hence they are also important for social content. This helps in keeping the content relevant according to the target audience.
- Be Social on a Social Media Channel: Search engines tend to look for social signals and your frequency of posting while ranking your website for SEO. It also considers the number of users that are interacting with your business as well as the social sharing elements available for visitors. The main idea behind social media platforms is to build relationships and hence, it is important to share good and relevant content with the users.
- Include Branded Cover Images: The first thing that a user looks at while visiting your social media page is the cover image. You can use this opportunity to convey the message of your brand to your current as well as prospective customers. One should apply the recommended size guides according to the social media platform. You should also ensure that the cover image is formatted correctly and is visible to the visitors. Make sure to use professional images.
- Always be in Control: You should never allow your employees to use a personal email for creating or managing your brand’s social media account. You should use a company-controlled email account. Also, do not forget to optimize the account that you no longer have personal access to.
Many Digital Marketing Agency experts claim that social media plays an important role in the overall SEO strategy. This can be seen through the above points easily. Thus, it is crucial to optimize social media profiles to rank higher in search results.