A Sаudі оffісіаl hаѕ аnnоunсеd an “open channel” bеtwееn the Kіngdоm аnd the Hоuthіѕ since 2016 to ѕuрроrt реасе in Yеmеn. Thе comment саmе аftеr Sаudі Arabia helped brоkеr a роwеr-ѕhаrіng dеаl bеtwееn Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi’ѕ government and ѕоuthеrn separatists.
The government of Yemeni President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi and the Southern Transitional Council signed an agreement Tuesday in Riyadh to halt infighting. The agreement was signed in the presence оf Sаudі Crown Prince Mohammed bіn Sаlmаn аnd his UAE соuntеrраrt. Thе Unіtеd Nаtіоnѕ was ԛuісk tо wеlсоmе and аnnоunсе іtѕ ѕuрроrt fоr the agreement.
Russian President Vladimir Putin visited Saudi Arabia Monday to meet with Saudi leaders. Putin also held talks with King Salman, as well as with Saudi Arabia over Iran and Syria. The leaders’ talks focused on the issue of oil production and the price of the product in world markets. Political analysts believe that tensions between Iran and Saudi Arabia, as well as Turkey’s progress in Syria, are among the issues to be discussed at the summit of the leaders of the two countries.
Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, who traveled to Tehran to mediate between Iran and Saudi Arabia, met with Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Sunday. The Supreme Leader praised the Pakistani government’s concern for peace and security, saying, “the Islamic Republic of Iran has for a long time presented a four-point plan to end the war in Yemen.” He added, “the end of this war in the proper way can have positive effects on the region.”
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has described relations with neighbors, and facilitating economic affairs, as Iran’s “top foreign policy priority.” Mr. Zarif made these remarks while answering questions from members in the Iranian Parliament. He cited his trip to Pakistan to congratulate Imran Khan after he became Prime Minister, saying he was the first foreign minister to do so.
Saudi Arabia is considering a proposal by the Houthi rebels for a ceasefire in Yemen, Reuters reported on Friday. Three other diplomatic sources and two well-informed sources told Reuters that the Kingdom was seriously considering some form of a ceasefire in an attempt to halt the escalation of the 4-year conflict in Yemen.
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said he assumed “full responsibility” for the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a critic of the regime, but denied ordering the murder. “This was a heinous crime but I take full responsibility as a leader in Saudi Arabia especially because it was committed by individuals working for the Saudi government,” the Crown Prince said in an interview with the US TV program 60 Minutes on Sunday.
A spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen accused the Houthis of waging a “misleading media campaign.” The accusation was the coalition’s first response after two days of silence on the Houthis’ announcement of a major offensive near the Saudi border and the taking of prisoners.
Houthi militants claim to have captured many militants during a massive attack on the southern border of Saudi Arabia. So far, no independent sources have confirmed the news, and Saudi Arabia has been silent. Yemeni Houthis say they conducted the largest military operation against the Saudi-led coalition forces during the three days ending on Saturday, and have “liberated” hundreds of square kilometers of areas under their control.
French President Emmanuel Macron’s efforts to arrange a meeting between the US and Iranian leaders continued in New York on Tuesday. Hassan Rouhani described Mr. Macron’s efforts to lift US sanctions against Iran as a success, but Donald Trump said in a speech at the UN General Assembly that sanctions would not be lifted as long as Iran’s threatening behavior continues. Mr. Macron first met with Mr. Rouhani on Monday night. He said on Tuesday evening that Mr. Rouhani was accompanying British Prime Minister Boris Johnson to meet with the British Prime Minister.
In his speech to the UN General Assembly, US President Donald Trump is expected to explain his policy towards Iran. At the same time, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has praised Western powers’ statements on the Saudi oil facility attack and has demanded Iran’s international condemnation. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has rejected talks with the United States.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said that the Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for the attack on Aramco. The United Kingdom is one of the countries participating in the US-led offshore Gulf security mission. According to the Associated Press, Prime Minister Johnson made his announcement and accusation on Sunday.
Saudi authorities said they were ready to take any necessary measures in response to an attack on its oil facilities. Riyadh continues to insist that Iran is responsible for last week’s attacks. The Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it had reviewed the preliminary results of the investigation after the attack on oil facilities, in which it claims Iranian-made weapons were used in the attack.
Yemeni Houthis have offered to halt all attacks against Saudi Arabia if Saudi Arabia stops its attacks and the coalition it leads. The United Nations Special Envoy for Yemen welcomed the proposal, and described it as a first step towards ending the six-year war in Yemen. “This proposal could send a powerful message of the will to end the war,” Special Envoy for Yemen Martin Griffiths said on Saturday.
The Commander in Chief of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps, Hossein Salami, warned against attacking his country, saying that any such attack would result in the destruction of the invader. The statement of Gen. Salami comes after Washington’s announcement to send troops to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, following the attack on Saudi oil installations last week. Tehran denied the allegations of involvement in the attack.
The US has announced plans to send forces to Saudi Arabia in the wake of attacks against the country’s oil infrastructure. Historically, before a war there is a provocation. However, looking at the attack trajectory, there are a few odd details in the scenario.
On Friday, US Department of Defense officials planned to present military options against Iran at a meeting with President Donald Trump. Last Saturday, Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities were attacked and severely damaged in two locations north of the country. The attack cut half of Saudi Arabia’s oil production and had an immediate impact on world oil prices. Although the Yemeni Houthi group claimed responsibility for the attacks, and said they carried out the simultaneous flight of ten UAVs, Saudi and US officials said the attack was carried out by Iran.
Iranian Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said today that it would be “all-out war” if Saudi Arabia or the United States dared to carry out a military attack on Iran. The already frosty relationship between the US and Iran has escalated in recent days, following attacks on two Saudi oil plants that Washington and Riyadh have attributed to Tehran. However, Tehran has maintained its innocence in as far as the attack is concerned, and it denies any involvement in any way whatsoever.
The Iranian Foreign Minister has wrarned that any attack on his country would be considered “all-out war,” after the US Secretary of State supported Saudi Arabia’s defense after the attack on Saudi oil facilities. Javad Zarif has said this after his US counterpart, Mike Pompeo, said that the attack on Saudi oil facilities was an act of war, that Iran’s actions were unbearable, and that the United States was following the recent attacks on Saudi Arabia’s crude oil facilities.
The Saudi monarchy experienced attacks against their oil production facilities in the last week. Tensions in the Middle East escalated following the drone attacks on the two largest oil facilities in Saudi Arabia. Yemen’s Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for the attacks.
The global economic impact will be felt, since Saudi Arabia lost more than half of their crude output via the attacks. The nation is the number one oil producer in the world, holds 5% of the global oil supply, and cut output by 5.7 million barrels per day. last year, Aramco’s net income was $111.1 billion.
Saudi Arabia’s new ambassador to the UK has warned against hurrying to respond to Saturday’s attack on oil facilities in his country. Speaking to reporters, Prince Khalid bin Bandar Saud said the attacks were a blow to the world and their economy but warned that the Middle East could not afford more conflict.
The United States says it is assessing evidence of attacks on two Saudi oil facilities and stands ready to defend its interests. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will travel to Saudi Arabia today to discuss the US response to attacks on Saudi oil facilities, Vice President Mike Pence said.
Tensions in the Persian Gulf have increased following Saturday’s drone strike on Saudi Arabia, the United States’ closest ally in the region. Critics of President Donald Trump say he needs to work with his western allies to ease tensions in the Middle East.
Saturday’s attack on Saudi oil facilities has disrupted Saudi refinery production. Aramco is trying to make orders for its oil deliveries. Saudi Arabia is said to have been forced to buy low-sulfur diesel. The extent of the damage to the Saudi oil facilities is still unclear. Some experts believe it could take several months to rebuild and repair the damage caused by the attack on the refinery. The question in the global energy markets is currently about Saudi Arabia’s ability to carry out oil orders and refinery products.
US Secretary of Energy Rick Perry accused Iran of involvement in a drone attack on Saudi oil facilities at the International Atomic Energy Agency’s annual meeting in Vienna. He called the attacks “an attack on the global economy and the global energy market.”
Oil prices rose at the beginning of this week, on the back of the attack on Saudi Aramco facilities. Brent crude futures reached $71.95 a barrel, the largest percentage gain since the start of the Gulf War in 1991. Saturday’s attacks stopped production equivalent to 5% of global oil supplies.
Donald Trump, in his first response to Saturday’s attack on Saudi oil facilities that have seriously disrupted oil production, said the United States is ready to take military action if suspicions are confirmed. Houthi Yemeni insurgents fighting the Saudi-led coalition have claimed responsibility for the attack, but the US says the attacks were the work of Iran.
Though President Trump did not openly state whom he believes is the perpetrator of the heinous attack on the Saudi Arabia oil plants, his top diplomat, Mike Pompeo, has since Saturday asserted that the attack was carried out from Iran, and not Yemen, as the world was initially made to believe. Trump tweeted Sunday he was “locked and loaded depending on verification.”
Saudi Arabia cut oil and gas production following drone strikes on its two main oil facilities, which are run by state-owned company Saudi Aramco. Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said the attack had reduced crude oil production by 5.7 million barrels per day— about half of royal production.
Saudi Arabia’s state-run media reports that the country’s largest oil company, Aramco, has caught fire after drone strikes in two major oil installations. Another drone strike also set fire to the Khurais oil field on the west side. However, the Saudi Press Agency says the fire has now been controlled in both installations.
Government forces have now managed to re-enter the strategic port three weeks after leaving Aden. According to the latest news from Yemen, Aden Airport is under the control of government forces. The government forces succeeded in seizing the airport and other areas of the Aden port from separatist forces in southern Yemen, German news agencies reported Wednesday quoting Yemen’s security circles. Yemeni separatists in the southern part of Yemen have surrendered after fierce clashes.
A meeting of Iran, representatives of Yemen’s Ansarollah and ambassadors of four European countries were held in Tehran to find solutions to the Yemen crisis in Tehran. The meeting discussed the political developments and the situation in the war-torn country.
News agencies reported on Sunday about Yemeni’s separatists beginning to backslide from positions seized from Abdul Mansourhadi’s government in Aden. The UAE-backed separatists seized control of key Aden government centers in a days-long war. Yemeni’s Southern Transitional Council (separatists) began withdrawing from the seats it had withdrawn from government control.
The Houthis attacked with drones Abha International Airport in southwest Saudi Arabia, Ansar Allah movement’s armed forces spokesman said. Houthi forces spokesman Yahya Saree said the attack targeted a fuel depot and an airport control tower. The attack was quickly carried out by a number of deadly drones.
Rabbi Nachman of Breslov a Chassidic master who lived from 1772-1810 in the Ukraine taught, The world is a narrow bridge to cross over, most important is not to fear to complete the journey. There is no such thing as hopelessness. The World is in turmoil. With faith in God mankind can cross the river to World Unity and Peace walking on water.