Coronavirus — 548 New Cases in Azerbaijan

  • The death toll in Azerbaijan has reached 284.
  • The special quarantine regime, which has been in force since March 24, has been extended until August 1.
  • On March 14, football club Neftçi PFK announced the suspension of its activities.

Another 548 people were found to be infected with COVID-19 in Azerbaijan on Thursday, the Operative Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers said. According to the agency, 465 people recovered and ten died on Thursday. So far, the total number of people infected with the virus has risen to 22,464.

COVID-19 was confirmed to have spread to Azerbaijan when its first case was confirmed in February 2020. As of July 10, there were 22,990 cases and 292 deaths.

Of these, 13,565 have recovered, and the death toll has reached 284. Currently, the number of active patients is 8,589. The headquarters said 544,735 tests had been conducted over the past period. Today’s test number is 7,505.

The first case of coronavirus infection in Azerbaijan was registered on February 28. The special quarantine regime, which has been in force since March 24, has been extended until August 1. The Cabinet of Ministers has eased the special quarantine regime since May 4. In June, the agency began a home isolation regime on weekends to prevent coronavirus.

On June 19, the special quarantine regime was extended until August 1, and a strict regime was decided in some cities and regions. At present, cases of coronavirus infection in Azerbaijan are not only detected among people coming to the country from abroad, but also that people are already infecting each other within the country, the organization said.

Although the Cabinet of Ministers did not name specific cities and regions, it said that there were cases of infection among people living in different regions of Azerbaijan. Officials say that families with young children, the elderly, people in need of medical care, and women continue to be brought to Azerbaijan from other countries with quarantine for 14-21 days. There is limited preference and, if necessary, within the established schedule.

About 10,000 Azerbaijani citizens have been evacuated so far. The government said that the measures taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus in the country were based on the possibility of receiving people from quarantine stations in Azerbaijan during the return of citizens. In some countries, there are still Azerbaijanis waiting to be evacuated.

“Medical Workers will not go Door to Door”

In mid-March, news sources in Azerbaijan received information that field doctors or nurses in Azerbaijan were conducting door-to-door registrations and measuring residents’ temperatures. The doctor told reporters in Azerbaijani that medical workers in Azerbaijan will check the condition of residents by phone.

In addition, some users on social media questioned how safe it is for these employees. The doctor told reporters in Azerbaijani that there were no concerns about the safety of the workers. “They had masks,” the agency said. The agency said more information would be provided.

Neftçi PFK, or Neftchi Baku in English media, is an Azerbaijani football club based in the capital, Baku, that currently plays in the Azerbaijan Premier League.

How Many New Infections are there Every Day?

There are new cases of coronavirus every day. The Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers said that the patients placed in special hospitals and under observation feel normal and their health is stable. So far, coronavirus has been detected in people returning to Azerbaijan from Germany, France, Turkey, and Iran.

Azerbaijan has decided to take “social isolation” measures against coronavirus. By the decision of the Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers, the mass events were postponed or canceled. On March 14, football club Neftçi PFK announced the suspension of its activities.

The Defense Ministry also announced the relevant measures. According to the report, the meeting held at the Ministry of Defense instructed to limit mass events and suspend meetings with parents. “ASAN service” and “ASAN Communal” centers will be limited from March 15 to 19, the service’s website said.

Only $1/click

Submit Your Ad Here

Benedict Kasigara

I have been working as a freelance editor/writer since 2006. My specialist subject is film and television having worked for over 10 years from 2005 during which time I was the editor of the BFI Film and Television.

Leave a Reply