- Aliyev has initially allocated 20 million manats ($11.7 million) from the reserve fund of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- At least 10 new cases of coronavirus infection were registered in Azerbaijan, the operative headquarters at the Cabinet of Ministers said.
- According to official authorities, 11 people have died from coronavirus in Azerbaijan so far.
Azeri President Ilham Aliyev issued a decree on Thursday “On measures for protection of the health of population and strengthening the fight against coronavirus infection.” The fund’s goal is to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection in Azerbaijan and provide financial support for the measures taken to combat it. The decision states that the fund will operate until December 31 and that the term can be extended by the President.
By another order, Ilham Aliyev has initially allocated 20 million manats ($11.7 million) from the reserve fund of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The funds will be used for bonuses and financial assistance to health workers, improvement of medical facilities, the establishment of specialized medical institutions, training of medical specialists and other purposes.
Ten New Coronavirus Infection Cases in Azerbaijan
At least 10 new cases of coronavirus infection were registered in Azerbaijan, the operative headquarters at the Cabinet of Ministers said. The headquarters said on Thursday that those infected had returned to Azerbaijan from Germany, France, Turkey, and Iran at different times. “Patients placed in special-purpose hospitals and under observation feel normal and their health is evaluated steadily,” the office said.
The Cabinet of Ministers noted that 33 active coronavirus patients are currently being held in special-care facilities under medical supervision in Azerbaijan. On March 18, the operative headquarters at the Cabinet of Ministers announced that four of those infected with coronavirus had recovered in Azerbaijan. The headquarters said in the evening on March 17 that six more people were infected.
On Tuesday morning, it was reported that three new cases of coronavirus infection were registered. Six cases of coronavirus infection have been recorded in Azerbaijan on March 15. The operational headquarters reported that the health of those individuals was stable. So far, 11 people have “recovered.”
According to official authorities, 11 people have died from coronavirus in Azerbaijan so far. Ramin Bayramli, a member of the Operations Headquarters at the Cabinet of Ministers, Chairman of the Board of Medical Units Management, said 711 people had been evacuated from the quarantine until the illness had not been identified so far. “At present, there are 560 people in the quarantine and up to 4,400 have been examined so far,” he said.
On March 14, three more Covid-19 patients were recovered and released. All of them are citizens of Azerbaijan. So far, there have been regular reports of registered cases of infection, but no official figures have been released.
The first case of coronavirus death was recorded this week in Azerbaijan. Another hospital was reported to be in stable condition. The first case of coronavirus was registered in Azerbaijan on February 28.
Azerbaijan has adopted a decision on “social isolation” measures for coronavirus. By the decision of the Operations Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers, mass events are postponed or canceled. Following the decision, which came into force on Saturday, various information was released about its implementation.
On March 14, the Neftchi football club issued a statement stopping its activity. “Oilfield PFC has suspended all operations for a period of time, in order to reduce the risk of infections,” the club’s website says. The Ministry of Defense has also reported on appropriate measures. According to the report, the Ministry of Defense was instructed to limit mass events and suspend meetings.