- The Ministry recommends avoiding travel to countries where coronavirus cases have been reported.
- Several Gulf and Arab states have been declared alert and have been accompanied by the spread of the coronavirus.
- The United Arab Emirates said yesterday that two new cases were diagnosed, which increased the number of 13 infected people.
The Ministry of Health of the Sultanate of Oman confirmed on Saturday that no cases of coronavirus have been registered in the country. In a statement issued by the Omani News Agency, it stated that within the framework of the procedures adopted to fight the infection, Oman would carry out domestic or institutional quarantine of travelers from those countries affected for a period of 14 days.
It also recommends avoiding travel to countries where coronavirus cases have been reported, and it is recommended that to contact the Ministry of Health Contact Center for advice before leaving the Sultanate for meetings, religious events, conferences, and international meetings. The ministry noted that medical cases were recorded in four countries in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Lebanon, and Iran.
The Ministry of Health also requires travelers from countries that have registered the disease in the past (such as China, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and the Islamic Republic of Iran) to contact the Ministry of Health’s call center within the past 14 days for quarantine and other precautionary measures. On the other hand, the ministry called on citizens and residents to cooperate on quarantine issues and adhere to the recommendations for prevention and infection control, not to pay attention to rumors and obtain information from official channels.
Several Gulf and Arab states have been declared alert and have been accompanied by the spread of the coronavirus. When Saudi Arabia announced a suspension of travel for residents, Bahrain and Oman urged its citizens to avoid traveling to six countries: Iran, China, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand.
The Saudi Arabian General Directorate of Passports confirmed yesterday that it will continue to implement the following decisions: to block citizens from traveling to Iran, suspend residents ’travel to Iran, and prevent non-Saudi travelers who have previously lived in Iran from entering, except after a period exceeding the viral latency limit.
A spokesperson for the General Directorate of Passport emphasized in a statement issued by the SPA Saudi News Agency that it is necessary to apply the travel document system and its administrative regulations to all Iranian citizens who violate the travel ban and isolate them for a period of 14 days.
Health Minister Basir Sabah said in Kuwait yesterday that Kuwait was evacuating 750 Kuwaiti people from the city of Mashhad, Iran, suggesting that a plane carrying 130 people had arrived in Kuwait. The Kuwaiti government will evacuate 150 Kuwaiti people from Tehran and 20 people from other Iranian cities in the coming days.
13 Coronavirus Cases in UAE
The United Arab Emirates said yesterday that two new cases were diagnosed with an emerging coronavirus, one in a 70-year-old Iranian tourist, whose health was unstable and intensive care was needed, while contacts were being checked it was found that his 64-year-old wife was infected, which increased the number of 13 infected people.
In this regard, the UAE Ministry of Health and Community Protection confirms that it is examining all persons involved in the cases found to ensure that the disease is not spread and to ensure the safety of the community, noting that according to studies published to date by the World Health Organization more than 80% of patients with this disease will have mild symptoms such as fever and cough. The mortality rate of emerging coronavirus does not exceed 0.2%, but with age or patients suffering from chronic diseases in advance, the mortality rate increases.