- Customers will prefer businesses that offer services with limited human contact.
- Customers can manage their units and related operations from the comfort of their mobile devices.
- By providing round-the-clock CCTV feed, customers can take stock of their belongings in real-time and can invariably reduce the number of visits to the storage facility.
The coronavirus pandemic had brought the world to a standstill. Globally, countries entered into extended phases of lockdown, and national economies took a massive hit. Employees and students had to shift their routines to their homes, while public places were ordered shut. WHO and other health advisory bodies requested that the populations practice social distancing in order to curb the transmission of the virus.
Now, as lockdown regulations are being eased, the world is gearing up to embrace a new normal. Industries all over the world are taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety of their employees and customers. Likewise, the self-storage sector has to enforce a number of steps to promise a seamless and safe experience for the unit users. Ushering this change in the self-storage sector is possible through the incorporation of technology.
Listed below are a few ways in which storage owners can promote a safe environment in their units:
- Contactless Access: Customers will prefer businesses that offer services with limited human contact. Through self-service kiosks and online platforms, customers can check-in and check-out of a facility without any qualms.
- Mobile Application: Almost everybody has a smartphone today! Storage units can take advantage of this fact and launch dedicated mobile applications. In doing so, customers can manage their units and related operations from the comfort of their mobile devices.
- CCTV Feed: Video streaming is another avenue that holds immense promise. By providing round-the-clock CCTV feed, customers can take stock of their belongings in real-time and can invariably reduce the number of visits to the storage facility.
- Digital Payments: Online payments are an important cog in ensuring a complete digital experience to the customer. This will enable users to pay for rentals and services in a streamlined and efficient manner.
Buy Research Report: Mobile Water Treatment Systems Market Set to Grow US$ 1,952.0 Mn during 2020-2030
Buy Research Report: Electric Trolling Motors Market to Expand at a CAGR of 3.2% During 2020-2030
Buy Research Report: Global Solar Cells and Modules Market Strategic Assessment and Forecast by 2026
Buy Research Report: What Are the Upcoming Trends in the Telemonitoring System Market? What Impact Would They Make in Forecast – 2026?
Buy Research Report: Global Peak Flow Meter Market Latest Trend Analysis, Progression Status, Revenue Expectation to 2026
While the above steps may seem relatively new, StoreUs has been advocating for the digitization of the self-storage sector for quite some time. StoreUs plans on leveraging emerging technologies, such as blockchain and IoT, to enhance the capabilities of storage units. Additionally, through the release of a dedicated cryptocurrency, users will be able to pay for their leases and other services in a decentralized and secure fashion.
StoreUs plans to build and launch a chain of digitally-enabled storage units. To make this possible, StoreUs will organize an ICO where the utility-rich SU token will be sold.