- Growing population along with rise in income is boosting production of industries across the globe, which in turn is swelling the number of shipments.
- Corrugated packaging is often best for shipments through various industries.
- In the North America region, the U.S. market is the major material producer of corrugated packaging.
The ongoing internet shopping penetration in consumers is sowing a series of innovations in the market of corrugated packaging. Trends within corrugated packaging markets have clear relevance towards the consumption of corrugated board.
These are ranging from high demand for electrical goods to the slowing demand for paper products along with inclination towards light-weight boards which are expected to witness growth erosion in this sector of the corrugated packaging market.
A recently published analysis report illustrates the global market for corrugated packaging is predicted to expand in the forecast period from 2018 to 2028. The report describes various recent developments influencing the market growth of corrugated packaging globally.
In order to analyze the growth in market demand for corrugated packaging, the report has segmented the global market on the basis of application. Growing population along with rise in income is boosting production of industries across the globe, which in turn is swelling the number of shipments. Due to low prices and easy handling, this kind of packaging is measured best for shipments through various industries. Based on application type, corrugated packaging can be used in several shapes, like liner board, container board, sheets, and boxes while based on dimensions, corrugated packaging is fragmented as flute type A, B, C, E, or F.
Key market drivers impacting growth of the corrugated packaging market include budding end-user industries such as medicine, rubber, food, consumer durables, and petroleum. Profits related with corrugated packaging viz. lower cost and sustainability makes it primarily a mode preferred for packaging in several industries. Emerging markets proffer remarkable growth opportunities owing to rising population along with escalating product demand among consumers in this region. E-commerce industry is one of the primary growth drivers due to packaging reliability of products in the global market for corrugated packaging.
- Buy Research Report: Forklift Trucks Market size See Incredible Growth during COVID-19 2025
- Buy Research Report: Hydrolyzed Collagen Market Conveying Valuable Data By 2026
- Buy Research Report: Advanced Ceramics Market Estimated Size Be Driven Size Innovation and Industrialization COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Ink Solvent Market size Witness Robust Expansion throughout the Forecast Period COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: GPU Database Market Poised size Expand at a Robust Pace Over COVID-19 2026
However, certain factors including low durability as well as delayed growth of corrugated packaging in various end-user industries are restraining market growth. In the competitive structure, the market is amalgamated over a large number of M&A which specifies strong market sustainability.
Some global leaders in corrugated packaging industry such as Nine Dragons Paper, Smurfit Kappa Group, Georgia-Pacific Equity, Mondi Group, DS Smith Plc., International Paper Company, Rock-Tenn Company, Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing, Oji Holdings Corporation and American Packaging Corporation, among others, are focusing efforts on emerging markets. These corporations are more inclined towards expansion of their presence in the market.
A regional overview of the global market for corrugated packaging mentioned in the report has classified the growth of the market into North America, APAC, Europe and rest of the world. Among these regions, boxes and corrugated packaging are chiefly manufactured in Japan, India, and China. In the North America region, the U.S. market is the major material producer of corrugated packaging, whereas UK, France, Spain, Germany, and Italy are projected to maintain market dominance in the Europe region. However, Brazil and Turkey are the most prominent producers of corrugated packaging in the rest of the world.