- Have you outlined your business direction for the short and long term?
- Is your platform agile enough to support changing market conditions and growth in your business?
- Can your platform efficiently manage multiple sites and guide expansion into new sales channels?
A purpose-built, cloud-based commerce platform is essential to maintaining a competitive eCommerce presence. Once you’ve reached the limitations of your current solution, it’s time to graduate to an updated system capable of growing with your business. Choosing a new eCommerce platform is a significant investment in your future requiring careful allocation of time and resources.
If the platform experience isn’t living up to your expectations, the quality of content and services on your front end will reflect it. Conversely, the right platform option will seamlessly synch with your existing systems, deliver superior customer experiences, and expand your digital presence.
You may be ready to transition to a stronger commerce platform, but have you taken the time to answer some key questions? Take charge of your selection process and make an informed decision with our list of Critical Questions to Ask When Evaluating an eCommerce Platform.
1. Have you outlined your business direction for the short and long term?
ESTABLISH A SENSE OF BUSINESS DIRECTION BEFORE MAKING YOUR MOVE FORWARD.
Focusing on your business direction will help you determine the level of functionality a new platform should provide. Are you rolling out ecommerce in phases? Will your webstore play a minor role or are you planning to centralize your business around it? Is your business scope limited to a specific region or do you have plans to expand globally?
As you take in the bigger picture, you’ll work back to smaller objectives in support of your long-term goals. For example, are you offering a growing range of merchandise or will your focus be on a narrower range of products? Will your existing inventory and fulfillment systems be equipped to cope with spikes in growth? How frequently will you update the site theme and functionality in support of marketing and promotional campaigns?
2. Is your platform agile enough to support changing market conditions and growth in your business?
A SOLUTION SHOULD OFFER A MARKETPLACE OF ADD-ON FUNCTIONALITIES TO KEEP PACE WITH DIGITAL CONSUMER TRENDS.
Your customers service expectations will shift over time, sometimes slowly, other times without warning. If you want to keep pace, you’ll need a platform which can quickly implement and deploy site updates with minimal effort. Competitive businesses utilize developer-driven sources of “one-click” plugins and extensions to boost their platform performance on both the front and back end.
Magento Commerce Marketplace is an example of a listed source offering 1000’s of pre-built, downloadable extensions, plugins, and applications which can immediately enhance a webstore’s functionality. This allows brands to react quicker to purchasing trends and shifting service expectations with minimal IT involvement.
- Buy Research Report: The Prefilled Syringes Fill/Finish Servcies Market – Present Scenario and the Growing Future Potential
- Buy Research Report: Fermentation Ingredients Market size Surge at a Robust Pace in Terms of Revenue over COVID-19 2023
- Business Card by Experienced Graphic Designer
- Logo Design by Experienced Graphic Designer
- Buy Research Report: Covid-19 Impact on Containers as a Service Market is Set to Demonstrate 34% CAGR From 2020 to 2023
3. Can your platform efficiently manage multiple sites and guide expansion into new sales channels?
MULTI-CHANNEL MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS PROVIDE COORDINATED CONTROL OVER YOUR ONLINE ASSETS.
As your business grows, you may expand your number of branded websites to enter new markets quickly and capitalize on emerging revenue opportunities. But the task of maintaining multiple standalone sites – each with their own content management needs is likely to monopolize your workday.
Take the headache out of managing several sites at once and find a platform offering multi-channel management capabilities via a centralized hub. Also ensure a visually oriented dashboard is in place, allowing quick reference of key site statistics and other important information at a glance. Magento Commerce 2 features a streamlined administrative dashboard, allowing users to quickly share themes, settings, updated product inventories, and more without having to jump from one site to the next.
The same multichannel management solutions can save time and effort as businesses expand their competitive space by selling through online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay and Walmart. For example, Magento Commerce 2 offers seamless integration with Amazon Marketplace, extending your sales initiatives across alternative channels.
To Read Full Whitepaper: Critical Questions When Assessing Your Ecommerce Platform