- An increasing number of cancer cases is expected to fuel the global global CT scanner market.
- A dearth of well-trained and skilled healthcare professionals restrains the market.
- CT scans are generally preferred for chronic diseases.
The Global CT Scanner Market is expected to reach $6.98 billion by 2025, from $4.65 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 5.20% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
CT scans are generally preferred for chronic diseases, such as heart disorders, diabetes, cancer, stroke, and arthritis. To prevent the impact of chronic disorders on individuals and the society, many researches are going to find drugs that can cure such chronic disorders.
Increasing global aging population, advancement in technology and increasing public awareness for healthcare are the major drives for the computed tomography (CT) market.
According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) cancer will become the leading cause of death by 2020. Hence, an increasing number of cancer cases is expected to fuel the global global CT scanner market.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Technological advancements
- Growing patient emphasis on effective and early disease diagnosis
- Rising prevalence of target diseases
- Increasing patient preference for minimally invasive diagnostic procedures
- Procedural benefits offered by computed tomography
- Significant installation and maintenance costs
- Uncertain reimbursement scenario across developing nations
- Dearth of well-trained and skilled healthcare professionals
The global CT scanner market is segmented based on type, device architecture, technology, application, end user and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the market is segmented into stationary CT scanners and portable CT scanners.
- Based on device architecture, the market is segmented into C-arm CT scanners and O-arm CT scanners.
- Based on technology, the market is segmented into high-slice CT, mid-slice CT, low-slice CT and cone beam CT (CBCT)
- Based on application, the market is segmented into human applications, veterinary applications and research applications.
- Based on end user, the market is segmented into hospitals and diagnostic centers, research laboratories, academic institutes, & cros, ambulatory care centers, veterinary clinics and hospitals and end users.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others
- In Feb 2018, Arterys receives its first FDA clearance for oncology imaging suite with deep learning.
- In Dec 2017, Siemens partnered with Amazon for developing industrial software.
- Aug 2017, Siemens updated its medical scanner software which can deal with Windows bugs.
The global CT scanner market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global CT scanner market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors
The renowned players in global CT scanner market are Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands), General Healthcare (U.S.), Siemens AG (Germany), Toshiba Corporation (Japan), Hitachi Ltd. (Japan), Shimadzu Corporation (Japan), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Neusoft Medical Systems Co., Ltd. (China), Medtronic plc (Ireland), Shenzhen Anke High-tech Co., Ltd. (Hong Kong), Accuray Incorporated (U.S.), PlanMED (Finland), Koning Corporation (U.S.), Carestream Health Inc. (U.S.), and PointNix Co. Ltd (South Korea), General Electric (US), Positron Corporation (US), Yangzhou Kingsway (Group) Corp. Ltd (China), Mediso Ltd (Hungary).
[bsa_pro_ad_space ID = 4]