- Phishing is a common tool used by cyber criminals for committing serious crimes.
- The only way for someone to keep himself safe from such attacks and frauds is proper knowledg.
- To pause these growing attacks and cybercrimes, Russia sets a penalty of $280,000 for breaching localization of data.
Cyber War is more dangerous than nuclear and chemical war. The basic structure and economy of any country can be destroyed by creating a barrier in the network through hacking. Even a military base can be demolished. Overall, this accomplished by shattering the structure of any system through hacking and stealing the private and confidential information.
Due to security reasons more than 59 mobile applications have been banned in India. Most of these applications are designed in China. These applications includes social media platforms such as Tik-Tok, Halo and WeChat. By using these applications there are possibilities of leakage of private and confidential information.
According to a presentation by ADG(MP) and International Cybercrime Expert Mr. Varun Kapoor at a recent online discussion organized by the Foreign Correspondent Club South Asia, there are 7 billion mobile users, 2 billion Facebook users, 1 million online buyers and 144 billion emails exchanged every year. The only way for someone to keep himself safe from such attacks and frauds is proper knowledge and right decision making.
Phishing is a common tool used by cyber criminals for committing serious crimes. On randomly selected IDs, there are around 36 billion emails sent ever day to attract the victim with attractive offers with a request of submitting and sharing their confidential details: Mobile number, bank account details etc.
Once these details are submitted, you might become a victim of fraud and have to bear sever losses including financial losses. Via email they send viruses and hacking tools to steal confidential data and secret information.
As per the Cyber Crime Department working under Maharashtra Police: 40,000 cyberattacks occurred on Indian Banks within 5 days. Also, 66% of Indian companies are being constantly cyber attacked.
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Lab Automation Market to Reflect Impressive Growth in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
- Buy Research Report: Plasma Fractionation Market to Expand 1.5x through 2026, Convalescent Plasma (CP) Treatment amid COVID-19 to Inject Hope
- Buy Research Report: Medical Holography Market to Surge, Finds Significant Potential in Diagnosis of COVID-19
- Buy Research Report: Epinephrine Market to Exhibit at a CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
More than 2 billion people use Google’s Search engine for gathering information annually. Estimates of cyber war losses by Cyber Security Ventures will be around $6 trillion per year by 2021. While in 2015 the loss was $3 trillion.
By 2022, the worldwide number of network users will cross 6 billion which will be 75% of the population at that time. In 2017, this figure was only 3.8 billion, or 505 of the population at that time.
Similarly, India is also going through a cyber war. The number of network users in India are around 560 million and in 2023 this figure will surpass 650 million. India is the second largest cyber space user country after China.
Now let’s consider the damages caused by cybercrimes in India. The estimated losses to Indian consumers by cybercrime in 2017, as quoted by Statista, was $18 billion. Not only India, but many powerful countries including America are affected by these cyberattacks.
To pause these growing attacks and cybercrimes, Russia sets a penalty of $280,000 for breaching localization of data. India, similarly, is in the process of designing and formulation of a unique security policy with the help of cyber institutions under the leadership of Niti Aayog to compete with the dragon.