- Tomatoes are a staple to a pantry.
- They add a beautiful texture and mouth-watering flavor to a dish.
- The major reason to use chopped tomatoes instead of fresh ones is that a high-quality canned product has more flavors than the latter version.
Did you just succeed in securing a tin can of authentic Italian chopped tomatoes? Congratulations! You got an all-rounder of the food world that lets you try your hands on dozens of classic dishes. However, the confusion is: What to cook? What can be a recipe that can turn your experiment into a family feast? We’ve rounded up some easy yet sumptuous recipes to cook with chopped tomatoes. Learn about them and try!
Tomatoes are a staple to a pantry. Whether you want to serve a meal to guests or prepare an experiment dish for yourself, you need some fresh chopped tomatoes. They add a beautiful texture and mouth-watering flavor to a dish.
If you have got bored of using these magical red ingredients in your everyday dishes, this is time to experiment with them. Try some delicious dishes at home using your can of chopped tomatoes. Let’s begin with them:
Classic Pizza Tomato Sauce
Who doesn’t love pizza? Of course, everyone does! Whether you want to impress your guests or make something tasty that your children like, pizza is a safe option. However, this universally-accepted food, sometimes, is incomplete with tomato sauce.
Rather than buying a tomato sauce online, you can instantly make it in your kitchen.
- Chopped tomatoes
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Peeled and crushed garlic clove (1)
- Ripe tomatoes (4)
- Tomato puree (2 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Begin the process by heating olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the garlic clove to the pan and fry it for three minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and fry them for at least five minutes.
- Now, mix canned tomatoes, tomato puree, and sugar to the blend. Simmer it for around 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Take a potato masher and mash the remaining chunks of tomatoes. When done, season it with pepper and salt.
Before using it for pizza, ensure that the sauce is not hot.
If pizza is too mainstream, you can try another popular Italian dish: Pasta. You can make spaghetti with tomatoes, mushrooms, and bacon. You can use your Italian chopped tomatoes to prepare a delicious sauce, which is rich in flavor.
The major reason to use chopped tomatoes instead of fresh ones is that a high-quality canned product has more flavors than the latter version.
- Chopped tomatoes (400 grams)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Chopped bacon (6)
- Mushrooms (150 grams)
- Spaghetti (350 grams)
- Chopped garlic clove (1)
- Chopped red pepper (1)
- Smoked paprika (1 tsp)
- Balsamic vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Freshly chopped parsley
- First, take a pan and add olive oil to it. Heat it and add bacon to it. Now, let it fry for around two minutes or until the bacon is golden.
- Add red pepper, and cook it for one minute. After that, add the chopped garlic clove and mushrooms to cook them for one minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, paprika, and balsamic vinegar. Now, season it with salt and ground pepper. When it begins to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for around 10 minutes.
- When the sauce is simmering, you can start the process of cooking the spaghetti. In a large pan, boil salted water. Add spaghetti to it and cook for 10 minutes. Now, take out the spaghetti and add to the sauce.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley for seasoning.
Your dish is ready to be served.
How to Buy Italian Chopped Tomatoes
If you want to try these recipes but don’t have canned tomatoes at home, buy chopped tomatoes online from a reliable store that has been selling genuine Italian products for a long time. Explore about a product and its maker to ensure that you get the best canned tomatoes for your dishes. Buy genuine ingredients and cook some delicious dishes! Happy cooking!