- Different platforms include PCs, consoles, TVs, mobile devices and others. Different types of games are available for different gaming platforms
- The video games are available in two formats include digital and physical.
- North America is the largest market for digital games.
A video game is an electronic game that includes a video device for human interaction with the user interface of the game. PC monitor, mobile display and TV are used as a video device. The electronic systems used to play video games are known as platforms. Different platforms include PCs, consoles, TVs, mobile devices and others.
Different types of games are available for different gaming platforms. Video games are available in two formats, which include digital and physical. The physical format is the one in which the game is played with the use of physical disc. While digital format is the one in which the game is played after downloading and requires no physical disc to play.
To Understand How Our Report Information Can Bring Difference, Ask for a brochure
North America is the largest market for digital games, followed by Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market for digital games.
Increasing number of gamers, rising disposable income and technology innovation are some of the major driving force for digital games market. The number of active game players is increasing globally. According to a research done by an independent research firm in the 110 largest countries in the world, in 2013 around 18.75% of the population is active game players and 2.4 billion are internet users.
- Buy Research Report: UK In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market size Surge at a Robust Pace in Terms of Revenue over COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Combine Harvesters Market to Ride Wave of Profitability on Back of its Versatile Operations
- Buy Research Report: CMP Slurry Market to Grow Two-fold, as Novel CMP Slurries Expand Revenue Pool of Manufacturers
- Buy Research Report: Soil Compaction Machines to Witness Heightened Demand, Underpinned by Array of Infrastructural Initiatives by Government
- Buy Research Report: Luxury Eyewear Sales to Surpass US$ 50 Bn Mark by 2027; Eyeglasses Hold over 60% Market Share
In addition, China alone has 180 million active game players which are almost equivalent to the number of active game players in Western Europe. Increasing disposable income in the developing countries such as India and China is expected to fuel the growth rate of digital games. Increasing disposable income allows the players to spend more money.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics China, annual per capita disposable income of urban households in China increased from $2,271.0 in 2008 to $3,408.5 in 2012. The overall annual disposable income in India medium household income increased from $1,366.2 billion in 2010 to $1,587.6 billion in 2013.
Some of the major companies operating in the digital games market include Behavior Interactive, Activision Blizzard Inc., Asobo Studio, CCP hf, Changyou.com, Cryptic Studios, 4A Games, GameHouse, Electronic Arts Inc., Gamelion, Konami Corp., Microsoft Corp., Nexon, Rovio Entertainment Ltd., Ubisoft Entertainment SA, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, The Lego Group and GungHo Entertainment.