- Industry Grade Accounted for the Largest Share in the Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market
- Pharmaceutical Grade Segment Accounted for Second Largest Share in Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market
- Battery Grade is the Fastest Growing Grade Segment of the Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market
The Dimethyl Carbonate Market is projected to grow from $895 million in 2019 to $1,207 million by 2024, at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2019 to 2024. The increasing demand for polycarbonates and lithium-ion batteries is expected to drive the global dimethyl carbonate market.
Browse 193 market data Tables and 37 Figures spread through 190 Pages and in-depth TOC on the Dimethyl Carbonate Market by Application (Polycarbonate Synthesis, Battery Electrolyte, Solvents, Reagents), End-Use Industry (Plastics, Paints & Coatings, Pharmaceuticals), Grade (Industry, Pharmaceutical, Battery), Region – Global Forecast to 2024.
The polycarbonate synthesis segment estimated to account for the largest share of the dimethyl carbonate market in 2019. Dimethyl carbonate is used to manufacture polycarbonate by the well-established and rapidly expanding non-phosgene melt process.
Polycarbonate is used across industries such as automotive and electrical & electronics due to its superior physical properties such as heat resistance, impact resistance, structural stability, and optical transparency. The growing demand for polycarbonates from the automotive and electrical & electronics industries is driving the market for dimethyl carbonate across the globe.
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
By end-use industry, the plastics segment accounted for the largest share of the dimethyl carbonate market in 2019. Dimethyl carbonate is used as an intermediate in polycarbonate (PC) synthesis. PC has become an important environment-friendly and recyclable form of commercial polymer with numerous uses in different industries such as automotive, electrical & electronics. The growing demand for plastic products, especially polycarbonate, is expected the drive the demand of dimethyl carbonate across the globe.
The Asia Pacific region accounted for the largest share of the dimethyl carbonate market in 2019. China, India, Japan, and South Korea are major countries contributing to the increased demand for dimethyl carbonate in this region. In China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and Taiwan, dimethyl carbonate is mainly used in the production of polycarbonates, while in India, it is primarily consumed by the pharmaceutical, paints & coatings, and agrochemical industries to manufacture different products such as medicines, paints, and pesticides.
Ube Industries Ltd. (Japan), Merck KGaA (Germany), Kowa Company Ltd. (Japan), Kishida Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan), Lotte Chemical (Korea), Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co., Ltd. (China), Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co. Ltd. (China), Haike Chemical Group (China), Arrow Chemical Group Corp. (China), and Panax Etec (Korea) are some of the leading players operating in the dimethyl carbonate market.