- Disaggregation basically delivers hardware redundancy and fault tolerance.
- A good disaster recovery solution ensures that there is no data loss and maintains business continuity at the highest level.
- Scalability is also an option with disaggregation architecture.
Data is a vital part of an organization and business owners are finding ways to make their data more available and secure with every passing minute. Backup comes to mind talking about data protection but a complete data protection is a lot more than that.
There are a two main factors that play their part in making a backup reliable and efficient: disaggregation and disaster recovery. This article will highlight them and how they are useful for an enterprise.
Disaggregation basically delivers hardware redundancy and fault tolerance. A disaggregated server is a server that breaks up the components and systems into subsystems which are later available for use to enhance scalability and to make an appliance highly scalable.
Disaggregated servers can be used to scale up the storage or scale out, if more performance nodes are needed, without the disruption of operations.
The basic use of a disaster recovery is, well disaster recover. As simple as it may seem, there is a lot more to it. A good disaster recovery solution ensures that there is no data loss and maintains business continuity at the highest level by reducing RTOs and allowing no amount of downtime.
RTOs, in similar terms is the amount of downtime an enterprise can take. For instance, if the maximum downtime an enterprise can take is two hours then the RTOs should be less than two hours. Similarly, if an enterprise can take one hour of downtime then its RTO should be less than one hour.
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Healthcare Consulting Services Market is Set to Reach $15.88 Billion by 2023
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
What if you combine the two?
Well, you get a highly reliable backup and disaster recover solution which is robust and easy to manage in the form of a backup appliance.
It offers redundancy and fault tolerance in a way that even if a process fails, that process is shifted towards another node until the failed or damaged node is repaired. This ensures that there is no disruption in operations even if an appliance node fails.
Scalability is also an option with disaggregation architecture. It can be used to offer easy scalability for more storage and performance, if needed. Together, they deliver an easily manageable hardware solution which is robust and highly reliable.
StoneFly offers such reliable DR Backup solutions with these two architectures combined and which are also packed with many other features as well. To name a few; DR365, DR365V, DR365Z.
Data Backup is a crucial process in a company. It is best to adopt a reliable solution which offers high redundancy and fault tolerance and at the same time ensures that there is no data loss of any kind without having to suffer any downtime whatsoever.