- Increase in prevalence of cancer will majorly drive the market growth.
- High costs associated with the therapy hampers the market growth.
- Global histone deacetylase inhibitors market is highly fragmented.
Global histone deacetylase inhibitors market is rising gradually with a healthy CAGR of 14.2% in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The report contains data of the base year 2019 and historic year 2018. Prevailing cases of neurological disorders and other chronic diseases creates avenues for this market growth
Market Definition: Global Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors Market
Histone deacetylase inhibitors are chemotherapy agents that inhibit histone deacetylases. These agents cause apoptosis and cell death. Histone deacetylase inhibitors are newer class of anti-cancer drugs used for treatment of T-cell lymphoma and myeloma. The drugs show good effects for hematological malignancies and epigenetic or non-epigenetic regulations.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 9.6 million deaths are reported in 2018 by cancer which includes lung, prostate, stomach and liver cancer as the most common types of cancers. The histone deacetylase inhibitor drugs show good activity for treatment of these diseases with lesser side effects.
- Increase in prevalence of cancer majorly drive the market growth
- Number of ongoing research and development of histone deacetylase inhibitors drives the market growth
- Increasing awareness about the cancer therapeutics also boost this market growth
- High costs associated with the therapy hampers the market growth
- Uncertainty issues related to histone deacetylase inhibitor drugs restrains the market growth
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies restrains the market growth
Key Developments in the Market
- In October 2019, Midatech Pharma PLC received Orphan Drug designation from the U. S. FDA for MTX110, a non-selective histone deacetylase inhibitor used for treatment of patients with malignant glioma and diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG). This designation will support the development of drug candidate and accelerate its approval
- In August 2019, Crystal Genomics received the Orphan Drug designation from the U. S. FDA for CG-745, a histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor drug candidate used for treatment of patients with pancreatic cancer. This designation will support the development of drug candidate and accelerate its approval
Global histone deacetylase inhibitors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of histone deacetylase inhibitors market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global histone deacetylase inhibitors market are Midatech Pharma PLC, Crystal Genomics, CELGENE CORPORATION, Novartis AG, Shenzhen Chipscreen Biosciences Co., Ltd., Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Celleron Therapeutics, FORUM Pharmaceuticals Inc., Pfizer Inc., AstraZeneca, Eisai Co., Ltd., REGENACY PHARMACEUTICALS, LLC, Karyopharm Therapeutics, Aurobindo Pharma, Trovagene, Wellness Pharma International, Syndax, MEI Pharma Inc., Onxeo among others.