Advent of dual operating systems and extensive storage capacity of the variety of applications downloaded on tablets have facilitated table vendors to innovate new operating systems. Asia Pacific region dominated the worldwide Tablet Market in 2019, accounting for 34.8%% share in terms useful, followed by Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
Tablet manufacturers can specialize in upgrading their existing operating systems and offer more enhanced features. Manufacturers can launch upgraded versions of devices with enhanced features within the market thereby creating a firmer purchase desire among consumers and drive sales. As an example, in 2015, Samsung launched the ‘Galaxy Tab A’ series with updated Android Marshmallow, its sixth major version of the Android OS, which offers improved features like multi-user mode, lock screen shortcuts, app permissions, and doze mode.
A paradigm shift in consumer preference for tablet devices has been observed within the recent past. Currently, tablets are getting used for various applications in numerous sectors including education, corporate, personal, commercial, etc.
Furthermore, tablet designs have changed significantly consistent with consumer demands, which include features like lightweight devices and enhanced screen resolution and size, augmented graphics for gaming and video streaming, and apps to enable payment of bills or syncing with other electronic devices for control and monitoring purposes.
Moreover, advent of latest improved models with lucrative features are predicted to spice up the worldwide tablet market growth during the forecast period.
Increasing growth of the worldwide commercial enterprise, due to rampant economic development in emerging economies are major factors propelling the worldwide Tablet Market growth.
Furthermore, tablet aids in augmenting business setups, due to different advanced and beneficial features offered by major vendors. As an example, in July 2015, consistent with Coherent Market Insights analysis, increasing share of tablets is deployed across the U.K., French, and German companies.
According to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, around 40% of the users use tablets just for business purposes whereas the opposite 60% of the users use the device for entertainment or personal usage.
- Growing consumer preference to ‘phablets’, a fusion device between tablet and phone, is predicted to hinder the adoption of tablets within the near future.
- Hybrid PC, an integration of notebook PC and tablet, provides much more advanced features than tablets like lightweight design, external keyboard, and enhanced power efficiency. Increasing demand for these devices are predicted to limit the market growth up to a particular extent.
- Furthermore, growing demand for smartphones, with features similar tablets like wider screens, advanced operating systems, and comparatively lighter weight are expected to restrain the worldwide table market growth during the forecast period.
- Emerging vendors within the market are focused on significantly lowering the value of tablet computers as compared to establish vendors. New entrants gain high-profit margins, due to low manufacturing costs of devices.
- Furthermore, growing competition among major market players and constant drop by prices are expected to hinder the worldwide tablet market growth over the forecast period. As an example, Micromax, Asus, and Xiaomi offer tablets with similar features as that of key players like Apple and Samsung at a relatively low price.
- Coming Soon.
Trends In North America, Apple, Inc. holds the dominant position within the regional table market. The corporate has diversified its distribution channels with the aim of expanding its consumer base.
Growing adoption of tablets by non-conventional end users like restaurants, education, and healthcare sectors are predicted to spice up the demand for tablets within the region during the forecast period.
This high demand is due to growing tablet applications as a way to reinforce educational institutions. In restaurants, table-top tablets are used for displaying menus, and to enable customers/patrons to put food orders and pay bills.
Latin America Trends
Currently, the Android OS accounts for major share within the regional market. Variety of androids device manufacturers are focused on getting into the regional table market.
Consistent with Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, Android tablets accounted for 74% share of the tablet market in Argentina and 71% share in Brazil and 59% share in Mexico.
Educational institutes in Latin America are increasingly adopting tablets, to modernize teaching methods that combine digital tools with conventional teaching techniques are predicted to drive the growth of the tablet market in Latin America.
As an example, in 2014, the government of Mexico announced plans to distribute 700,000 tablets is to teachers and students in elementary schools within the next fiscal year.
In global Tablet Market, by OS, iOS sub-segment dominated the worldwide market in 2019, accounting for 45.7% share in terms useful, followed by Android and Windows respectively.
Key players operating within the global Tablet Market are Acer Inc., Asustek, Apple Inc., Xiaomi, Samsung, Lenovo Group Limited, Micromax, and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Key companies within the market are focused on product launches, to reinforce their product portfolio. As an example, in August 2018, Asustek, a Taiwan-based technology company, introduced three new Android tablets Eee Pad Slider, Eee Pad Transformer, and Eee Pad MeMo at Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, U.S.
- Major market players are involved in product launches, to realize competitive edge up the market. As an example, in March 2019, Apple Inc. introduced its two new tablets, iPad Mini and iPad Air with Apple’s A12 Bionic processor.