- Extruded polystyrene (XPS) market size is driven by the booming construction industry
- High compression strength and moisture resistance properties of XPS foam makes it an ideal choice for basement and foundation insulation.
- The residential end use holds the largest share in the XPS market by end use.
The global extruded polystyrene market size is projected to grow from $5.5 billion in 2019 to $6.7 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.0%, during the forecast period. Based on application, the foundation segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The global extruded polystyrene (XPS) market size is driven by the booming construction industry, rapid urbanization, and huge investments by governments in infrastructure development in emerging economies. Established infrastructure in developed countries and unstable economic cycles are restraining the market growth while the utilization of XPS in residential infrastructure offers opportunities to the manufacturers. The wide acceptance of XPS in the construction industry is mainly driving the market growth.
Insulating the entire house is very critical in order to reduce the energy loss that can occur through the basement or foundation. Energy loss through basement or foundation is calculated at one-third of the total energy lost through the infrastructure. Exterior basement or foundation insulation is performed underground to achieve best results. High compression strength and moisture resistance properties of XPS foam makes it an ideal choice for basement and foundation insulation
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Lab Automation Market to Reflect Impressive Growth in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
- Buy Research Report: Plasma Fractionation Market to Expand 1.5x through 2026, Convalescent Plasma (CP) Treatment amid COVID-19 to Inject Hope
- Buy Research Report: Medical Holography Market to Surge, Finds Significant Potential in Diagnosis of COVID-19
- Buy Research Report: Epinephrine Market to Exhibit at a CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
The residential segment accounts for the largest share in the XPS market by end use.
The residential end use holds the largest share in the XPS market by end use, and this trend is expected to continue. The residential sector plays an important role in the growth and development of the overall construction sector. The increased demand for houses and the easy availability of funds have led to a strong focus on this sector.
According to the World Economic Forum, the global investment in infrastructure is expected to be $79 trillion by 2040.
In order to meet this investment requirement, countries all over the world would have to invest heavily in infrastructure development. Therefore, the increase in construction activities is expected to drive the demand for XPS.
The XPS market in APAC is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
APAC is projected to be the fastest-growing XPS industry during the forecast period. It is expected to have a huge demand for XPS owing to the increase in government investments in infrastructure and international funding for developing countries. Additionally, the housing demand to meet the expectations of the steadily-growing population, public utilities & development spending, commercial & entertainment structures, and several other similar factors are expected to drive the demand for XPS in this region in the near future.
Major players in the XPS market include BASF SE (Germany), Synthos S.A. (Poland), DuPont de Nemours Inc. (US), Saint-Gobain Isover SA (France), Knauf Group (Insulation) (Germany), Owens corning Inc. (US)., TechnoNicol Corporation (Russia), Austrotherm GMBH (Austria), Ursa Insulation SA (Spain), Penoplex SPB LLC (Russia), Ravago Group (Luxembourg), and Loyal Group (China).