- An increasing geriatric population worldwide and growing awareness regarding the health benefits of eye health ingredients are also supplementing market growth.
- An increasing prevalence of glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and other eye health problems will propel the growth of Global Eye Health Ingredients Market.
- Stringent regulation for product approval is the factor expected to hamper growth of the eye health ingredients market.
Eye health ingredients are nutrients that can help to maintain proper eye function, protect eyes from damage and fight negative effects. Vitamins C and E, zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin, omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients help maintain eye function, protect eyes against harmful light, and reduce the development of age-related degenerative diseases.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin are carotenoids. Researchers discovered that people with the highest intake of lutein and Zeaxanthin, had a 43% lower risk of macular degeneration, compared to those with the lowest intake. Eyes and vision are affected by many factors, including genetics and age. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating a balanced diet that contains antioxidant-rich foods can contribute significantly to eye health.
The Global Eye Health Ingredients Market was valued at $203.53 Billion in 2018 and expected to reach $310.09 Billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 6.2 % over the forecast period.
The global eye health ingredients market report covers prominent players are like BASF, FMC Corporation, Allied Biotech Corporation, Amway, Alcon, MacuShield, Efamol, Bausch & Lomb, Swanson, Solgar, DSM and others.
An increasing prevalence of glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and other eye health problems will propel the growth of Global Eye Health Ingredients Market. Glaucoma is the prominent cause of global irreversible blindness. The number of persons suffering from glaucoma worldwide will increase to 111.8 million in 2040.
- Buy Research Report: Forklift Trucks Market size See Incredible Growth during COVID-19 2025
- Buy Research Report: Hydrolyzed Collagen Market Conveying Valuable Data By 2026
- Buy Research Report: Advanced Ceramics Market Estimated Size Be Driven Size Innovation and Industrialization COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Ink Solvent Market size Witness Robust Expansion throughout the Forecast Period COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: GPU Database Market Poised size Expand at a Robust Pace Over COVID-19 2026
AMD is one of the age-related degenerative diseases, and it affects the macula which is responsible for sharp detailed center vision in the central area of the retina. AMD is the second most common cause of blindness (after cataracts) in all regions, accounting for 15.4% (Western Europe) to 19.5% (Eastern Europe) of all blindness burdens.
An increasing geriatric population worldwide and growing awareness regarding the health benefits of eye health ingredients are also supplementing market growth. However, stringent regulation for product approval is the factor expected to hamper growth of the eye health ingredients market. In spite of that, development of new innovative customize and innovative product and rising prevalence of allergies are another factors are expected to create an opportunity for the eye health ingredients products market.
Global Eye Health Ingredients market segmentation is performed by source type (Natural Sources, Synthetic Sources), by ingredients (Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Vitamin A, Beta-carotene, Bilberry extracts), by form type (Powder, Liquid, Others (Capsule, Soft Gels, Tablets)), and by application (Human, Animal).