- Increasing acute myopia in youngsters and growing eye health awareness are major growth factors for the market.
- Lightweight, portable and effective eyewear meets customer demand.
- The demand for safety eyewear in industrial applications is also playing a vital role in market growth.
Accessories worn over the eyes for correction of vision or for the protection of eyes from debris, dust or excessive light are classified under Eyewear. Spectacles, lenses and sunglasses fall under this category. Currently, eyewear is not only used for vision correction, but also for appearance.
The manufacturers are forced to make lightweight, portable and effective eyewear so as to meet customer demand. Due to increasing living standards and fashion consciousness, trendy and
designer shades are attaining popularity among consumers. Digitalization has also opened new prospects for smart eyewear such as Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality kits.
Increasing acute myopia in youngsters and growing eye health awareness are major growth factors for the market. The cases of Computer vision syndrome caused due to using smartphones and computers devices for extended times are increasing day by day. Additionally, changing fashion trends and introduction of new lens technologies are creating greater impacts on the sales of eyewear, thus contributing in the growth of the market. Easy availability, increasing purchasing power, growth in the product awareness among consumers, and the growing demand for the early treatment of vision disorders are also playing key roles to drive the market growth. The demand for safety eyewear in industrial applications is also playing a vital role in market growth.
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
The Asia-Pacific region is showing growth in demand for eyewear products, which is encouraging key players to introduce new products in Asian countries like India and China. Advertisement in social media platforms is driving market growth in the Asia-Pacific region. The North American regional market is also showing a steady growth, attributed to increasing awareness of eye healthcare and a trendsetting consumer base.
The major player in the industry are Fielmann A.G., Safilo Group S.p.A., Luxottica Group S.p.A., Essilor International, CooperVision Inc., Carl Zeiss A.G., De Rigo Vision S.p.A., Maui Jim Inc., Charmant Group., CIBA VISION., Marchon Eyewear., Pivothead, Fastrack, Lenskart, and Ray-Ban.
Market Segmentation: – Product Based (Contact lenses and Spectacles), Spectacle frames, Spectacle lenses (Plano sunglasses), By product (Polarized, Non-polarized), By material (CR-39, Polycarbonate, Polyurethane and) Others.
Region Based Segmentation: North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico),Europe (UK, Germany, France, Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC), South America (Brazil and Rest of South America), MEA (GCC, South Africa, Rest of MEA).