- One of the greatest fears in taking plant proteins is the misconception that soy gives rise to female characteristics in men.
- Many of these supplements have been found to contain the same amount of protein content compared to many animal-based protein supplements.
- Studies have confirmed that individuals who used plant-based supplements have reduced risks of many chronic diseases like obesity, cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
One of the most common misconceptions about plant-based protein is that they do not provide proteins as effectively as meat-based ones. Vegetarian diets among bodybuilders are highly misunderstood, and people who claim to be on a vegan diet are always laughed out of the gym.
Like the Nuzest Clean Lean Protein, many plant-based proteins were found to be just as effective as animal proteins, and people can thank modern medical research for that.
Clearing the stigma around many plant proteins and busting myths that they aren’t as effective helps clear the obstacles to utilizing such protein diets. Plant proteins have gained popularity among bodybuilders in the past decade. Consequently, the market for plant-based proteins has been estimated to reach a staggering 14.3 billion dollars by 2025 compared to the 8.3 billion worth in 2019.
Most Common Stigmas around Plant-Based Proteins:
1. Creates Feminine Characteristics In Men: One of the greatest fears in taking plant proteins is the misconception that soy gives rise to female characteristics in men. Unlike regular proteins like whey, soy contains a chemical compound called phytoestrogens that are structurally and functionally similar to estrogen. Although hormonal imbalance between testosterone and estrogen can lead to many physical problems, phytoestrogen won’t have much effect unless consumed significantly.
However, higher soy consumption in men has been linked to a reduction in colon and prostate cancer. But research is still trying to determine whether soy has any effect on estrogen levels in the body.
2. Plant Proteins Contain High Amounts Of Carbohydrates: Proteins that come from legumes or grains contain higher carbohydrate contents than meat. During manufacturing, most of the carbohydrates are eliminated at the cost of improving the amino acid profile.
As people want to add more proteins into their diet instead of carbohydrates, they don’t fact-check their assumptions by cross-checking the labels of information in many plant protein supplements.
3. Do Not Have Enough Proteins: One of the most common myths regarding plant-based supplements. Many of these supplements have been found to contain the same amount of protein content compared to many animal-based protein supplements.
Advantages Of Plant-Based Protein Supplements:
1. Beneficial In Weight Loss: For people struggling with weight loss and fat reduction, plant-based proteins are the way to go. With less saturated fat content and calories than regular supplements, plant-based supplements have higher fiber content and essential nutrients. This helps in reducing excess calorie intake and improving the daily nutrient profiles of one’s diet.
2. Lowers Risk For Cardiovascular Diseases: Individuals struggling with obesity and overweight tendencies can include plant protein supplements in their daily diet. These supplements have been found to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol content in the body, promoting cardiovascular health. With lesser saturated fat content, plant-based supplements help individuals achieve their weight loss goals more effectively than animal-based proteins.
3. Complete Amino Acid Profile: Many plant-based clean protein supplements, like the Nuzest Clean Lean Protein, consist of all the nine amino acid essentials necessary for repair and recovery.
4. Very Few Side Effects: Animal-based proteins contain allergic compounds like gluten and whey. It can lead to gas formation or bloating for those who are lactose intolerant. People who suffer from such allergies can switch to plant-based supplements with no worries. Since it’s gluten-free, these supplements are hypoallergenic, free from any artificial sweeteners or synthetic additives. Hence, they are more diet-friendly for those suffering from gastrointestinal issues.
5. Benefits Health: Plant proteins are highly fibrous, consisting of both soluble as well as insoluble fibers. The insoluble ones are responsible for the smooth operation of the digestive tracts. The soluble fibers help keep the stomach feeling full after a meal. Plant proteins are a natural way of attaining fullness while at the same time, keep the body lean and healthy.
6. Provides A Fuller Diet: Animal proteins leave individuals feeling hungry after a brief time. Plant-based supplements keep them filled until the next meal. This is because of soluble fiber present in the supplements that keep cravings under control while improving digestive health. Consequently, they control the appetite and keep dietary management in check.
7. Fights Diseases: Studies have confirmed that individuals who used plant-based supplements have reduced risks of many chronic diseases like obesity, cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. They also prove effective for all age groups, including children and seniors.
8. Promotes Healthier Habits: People who tend to include plant-based supplements in their diets have an overall healthier lifestyle than meat-based protein users. Vegetarian protein users visit doctors more often, live in less polluted areas and invest more in better and more beneficial activities. For a healthier lifestyle, people do switch from meat-based to plant-based organic supplements.