- Europe is dominating the forage seeds market.
- The forage seeds market is serving as a healthier alternative over the conventional feed due to high vitamin and protein content.
- Government initiatives for promoting use of forage seeds in animal feed is likely to raise the growth of forage seeds market.
Forage seeds are plants or plant parts such as leaves and stems, used for feeding poultry, livestock cattle, swine and other animals. Due to various benefits such as increased crop yield, crop productivity and soil fertility, forage seeds are now gaining attention among farmers.
Also, forage seeds do not require synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, thus helps in improving the soil quality. Commonly available forage seeds in the market are alfalfa, maize, oats, clover, pearl millet, grasses and others.
The forage seeds market is serving as a healthier alternative over the conventional feed due to high vitamin and protein content. Furthermore, increasing awareness about livestock health and inclination towards the natural animal feed has boosted the demand for forage seeds in the global market. Additionally, economic benefits associated with these seed’s cultivation such as, prevention of soil erosion and improvement of soil quality has allowed farmers to switch to forage cultivation
Increasing demand for food, beverage, and poultry is adding fuel to the growth of the global forage seeds market. Additionally, forage seeds used in feed formulation have added health benefits on livestock health associated with its consumption, which has uplifted the demand for forage seeds in the feed & fodder industry over the assessment period. However, unwillingness of farmers to pay for high quality seeds, time consuming cultivation, along with the changing climatic and soil conditions is likely to hamper the market growth over the forecast period. Nevertheless, all these factors are projected to contribute to the estimated CAGR of 9.3% for the forage seeds market during the forecast period 2017-2023.
Based on the crop-type, forage seeds market is segmented into legumes, grasses, cereals and others. Among all, legumes is dominating the market followed by grasses. Owing to the high amount of protein and vitamins in herbaceous legumes such as alfalfa, it is primarily used for feeding livestock such as cattle, goats, sheep, and other animals.
- I Will Write Branded SEO Blog Articles to Grow Your Business
- Professional Editor and Proofreader
- Advanced SEO Audit and Keyword Research
- I will give you 21 million ebooks plr articles and digital products
- Promote your Blog Post, Content Product, Affiliate link, Services, eCommerce Store or Shopify to Go Viral
The major players in the Forage Seeds Market:
- Monsanto Company (U.S.)
- DOW Agrosciences LLC (U.S.)
- Advanta Seeds Limited (India)
- Land O Lakes Inc. (U.S.)
- Barenbrug Holding B.V. (the Netherlands)
- I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.)
- Allied Seed, LLC (U.S.)
- Northstar Seed Ltd. (Canada)
- Dynamic Seeds Ltd. (Thailand)
- Ampac Seed Co. (U.S.)
The global forage seeds market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and rest of the world (RoW). Europe is dominating the forage seeds market followed by North America. In Europe, Germany and the U.K. are the major contributor of poultry products, which, in turn, boost the market growth in this region. Furthermore, availability of large grazing land for animals and cultivating land for fodder production is giving a push to the growth of the forage seeds market.
Moreover, increasing demand for organic food, dairy and poultry products in developing countries like the India and China are likely to boost the growth of forage seed market during the assessment period. Furthermore, government initiatives for promoting use of forage seeds in animal feed is likely to raise the growth of forage seeds market.