- Through data center automation, the Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI solution delivers many business and IT advantages.
- Speed service deployment and simplify operations across physical, virtual, and container environments with secure, programmable, application-centric networking.
- A key benefit of the Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI solution is tight integration.
Software-defined networking (SDN) is a critical component in modernizing your data center to meet new and growing customer expectations and demands. Trusted innovators Citrix and Cisco share a common vision for applying the concepts of SDN to simplify and automate data center and application networking to help their customers succeed.
Using an application-centric approach to solve customer challenges, the two companies bring together Cisco’s IT leadership in connecting people, processes, data, and things and Citrix’s expertise in securely delivering apps and data to enable people to work better. Together, Citrix and Cisco provide measurable business outcomes with comprehensive solutions. Based on validated designs, these solutions are tailored to specific customer delivery models and use cases.
Cisco and Citrix have partnered to develop a leading SDN solution using the Citrix NetScaler application delivery controller (ADC) and Cisco ACI. This integrated solution automates application infrastructure, streamlines management, and improves scalability, security, flexibility. The result is faster application delivery, reduced deployment complexity, and better alignment between applications and dynamic business requirements for both existing and next-generation datacenters.
The business benefits of automation
Through data center automation, the Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI solution delivers many business and IT advantages.
Modernizing with Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI
Tight integration between the Citrix NetScaler ADC and Cisco ACI delivers a secure, scalable, and automated application infrastructure.
Cisco ACI provides a scalable, resilient, and high-speed fabric that uses SDN concepts to automate network setup. Included with ACI, the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) supplies centralized, policy-based control and management of application infrastructure. The Citrix NetScaler ADC delivers integrated Layer 4 through 7 services, like application acceleration, load balancing, and application security.
Through integration and a device package, ACI leverages the feature set of NetScaler ADC appliances, applying Layer 4 through 7 network services to configure NetScaler to intelligently control traffic flows. Use the APIC to set up and manage the ACI infrastructure, NetScaler, network service policies, and application profiles. Together, ACI and NetScaler technologies provide a flexible way to link network services to applications, improving application security, increasing performance, and optimizing service levels.
Several key features make the Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI solution ideal for IT modernization
- Centralized network control and full lifecycle service management •
- ADC service policy coordination and automation
- End-to-end telemetry and visibility of serviceaware applications and tenants
- Scalable, elastic architecture for both physical and virtual applications
- Compatibility with existing ADC networks and service operation models through open standards protocols
- Interoperability with service integration ecosystem though the IETF standard for Network Service Header (NSH) protocol
- Tri-Scale Technology that scales up, out, and in
- Platform flexibility—virtual, physical, and multitenant appliances and Linux containers
A secure, policy-driven architecture
Speed service deployment and simplify operations across physical, virtual, and container environments with secure, programmable, application-centric networking.
An integrated solution
A key benefit of the Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI solution is tight integration. Using a full-featured device package, a rich set of ADC features and deployment templates are exposed to and controlled by the APIC in service policy/managed mode and service manager/hybrid mode.
Device package features include:
- Accounting, authentication, and authorization (AAA)
- Application firewall
- Cache redirection
- Content accelerator
- Content switching
- Domain name service
- Global service load balancing
- Integrated caching
- Load balancing
- SSL offload
- SSL VPN
Move forward with Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI
Transform your infrastructure with accelerated application delivery, scalability, security, and ease of management.