- Increasing investment in architectural segment will drive the market growth.
- High cost of the BIPV will also hinder the growth of this market.
- Global BIPV glass market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies to increase their footprints in this market.
Global BIPV glass market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 13.25% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Rising awareness about carbon footprint reduction and increasing focus towards generation of electricity through conventional and renewable resources are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global BIPV Glass Market
Building integrated photovoltaic or BIPV modules are mainly glass panes integrated between two sheets of glass with photovoltaic cells. They are widely used to develop construction parts such as curtain walls, skylights, facades and others. There main function is to allow the clean energy to enter and prevent the harmful radiation. BIVP uses different materials such as amorphous silicon, organic photo voltaic cell, dye sensitized solar cells and others. BIPV glass also promotes the generation of electricity and provides light and thermal management.
- Increasing investment in architectural segment will drive the market growth
- Rising household income will also propel the growth of this market
- Growth in construction industry will also contribute as a factor for the growth of this market
- Growing efforts to decrease dependence on fossil fuel energy will also contribute as a driving factor for this market growth
- Increasing adoption of green technologies also enhances the market growth
- High cost of the BIPV will also hinder the growth of this market
- Higher temperatures can deteriorate the module’s semiconducting material, which can reduce the conversion efficiency faster and lead to premature failure; this factor is also restricting the market growth
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global BIPV glass market are Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, AGC Inc., Nippon Sheet Glass, DuPont, Solaria, HES PV LIMITED, Sonali Solar., ISSOL sa, Novergy Energy Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Merck KGaA,, BIPV LIMITED, HHV Solar, Waaree Energies Ltd., Erasoft., Navitas Green Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Onyx Solar Group LLC., NanoPV Solar Inc., Polysolar, MetSolar, ACES AFRICA (PTY) LTD & ONYX SOLAR SL among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2016, Solaria Corp and Asahi Glass Co Ltd announced the launch of their new building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) solution for the Japanese and South East Asian markets. The company will be adding the Solaria’s BIVP technology in their building and windows facades. Sudare powered-by-Solaria is the name of the new product
- In October 2016, Belnor Engineering Inc, announced the launch of Onxy Solar which is a renewable energy solution which will provide transparent and colourful photovoltaic glass. Onyx Solar crystalline silicon and thin-film PV glass can be incorporated into separate areas of the construction to replace standard glass to generate clean sunlight electricity
Global BIPV glass market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of BIPV glass market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.