- Kidney stones are mainly found in people among the ages of 20 to 40.
- Rising fast food consumption in developing regions has increased the kidney stone market demand.
- Advancement of minimally invasive surgeries in the industry will act as a major market driver.
The global kidney stone market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of $1.9 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of $2.65 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.25% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of kidney stones and growing geriatric population.
Kidney stones are referred to as salt and mineral deposits which arise inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are made up of calcium-oxalate and they can also be composed of numerous other compounds like cysteine, uric acid and struvite among others. Individuals of all age groups can be affected by kidney stones; however, they are mainly found in people among the ages of 20 to 40. Their presence in the urinary tract is called as urolithiasis, while in the ureter it is known as ureterolithiasis.
- Rising fast food consumption in developing regions has increased the kidney stone market demand
- Advancement of minimally invasive surgeries in the industry will act as a major market driver
- Lack of awareness regarding treatment of kidney stones in underdeveloped countries is acting as a major restraint for the market
- Long term adverse effects of lithotripsy will hamper the kidney stones industry
- In May 2018, Dornier MedTech introduced Dornier Delta III SmartLitho at the annual meeting of American Urology Association. This product provides analytic algorithm for helping urologists to make evidence-based decisions for the treatment.
- In April 2018, Olympus signed an agreement with Cybersonics for acquiring lithotripsy system design & production technology. This strategy would enable the company for improving clinical outcomes, enhance the patient’s quality of life and reduce overall costs.
The global kidney stone market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of kidney stone market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.