- The methyl heptyl ketone chemicals market has been witnessing significant growth, due to the widening consumption of personal care products.
- Low awareness regarding the properties of methyl heptyl ketone may restrain the market growth.
- North America and Europe are expected to hold major shares of the global methyl heptyl ketone market.
Methyl heptyl ketone is an organic colorless to pale yellow clear liquid with a fresh sweet, weedy, earthy, and herbal odor. It is widely used as an additive in butter, strawberry, coconut, lavender, rose, and pineapple fragrances. Methyl heptyl ketone is also used as a flavor additive in various cheddar cheese, fat flavors and various other herbal commodities. Attributing to its woody odor, methyl heptyl ketone is also used as a base note in some fragrances. In perfume, methyl heptyl ketone is preferred, owing to its sweet and fruity odor. It is also used in various cosmetic products, lipsticks, talcum powder, tablet soaps, liquid soaps, shampoo, hair conditioners, bath/shower gels, cold creams and lotions.
Methyl heptyl ketone has been witnessing high demand, owing to its notable properties. With properties, such as faster evaporation rate and better water solubility, methyl heptyl ketone has been increasingly finding applications among end-use industries. Also, due to its effectiveness as a solvent, methyl heptyl ketone is being used in pesticides, fungicides, pharmaceuticals detergents, agrochemicals, food processing and many other applications. Hence, rising applications and acceptance of methyl heptyl ketone among various end-user industries are pegged to be among the key factors responsible for the growth of the market in the near future. Also, rising urbanization, increasing penetration of the cosmetic industry and modernization are the main influencers responsible for shifting consumer preferences. The methyl heptyl ketone market has been observing robust growth, owing to the increasing saturation in surfactant-based industries, such as hair care, skin care, and other personal care products
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Healthcare Consulting Services Market is Set to Reach $15.88 Billion by 2023
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
Moreover, the growing consumption of organic and herbal products is expected to create major opportunities for the growth of the market at a global level during the forecast period. Also, stringent regulations that monitor production sustainability are expected to drive the growth of the methyl heptyl ketone market. Manufacturers are investing a large amount of money in dairy farms to ensure a steady supply of milk and milk products. The rising demand for milk products around the world can be attributed to the growing awareness about the importance of consuming a healthy diet. The use of methyl heptyl ketone in milk products is also expected boost the market growth during the forecast period.
However, low awareness regarding the properties of methyl heptyl ketone may restrain the market growth during the forecast period. Nevertheless, numerous manufacturers are increasingly adopting methyl heptyl ketone to enhance their products.
- Based on the form, the methyl heptyl ketone market can be segmented as:
- Solid methyl heptyl ketone
- Liquid methyl heptyl ketone
- Based on the grade, the methyl heptyl ketone market can be segmented as:
- Food grade methyl heptyl ketone
- Pharmaceutical grade methyl heptyl ketone
- Based on the application, the methyl heptyl ketone market can be segmented as:
- Chemical intermediate
- Lube oil dewaxing
- Based on end use, the methyl heptyl ketone market can be segmented as:
- Hair Care
- Oral Care
Geographically, the methyl heptyl ketone market has been segmented into eight regions: the Middle East and Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the East Asia Pacific, South Asia and Oceania. During the forecast period, North America and Europe are expected to hold major shares of the global methyl heptyl ketone market. The regions are expected to remain prominent during the forecast period, owing to the high demand for cosmetics and herbal products in these regions.
The methyl heptyl ketone chemicals market has been witnessing significant growth, due to the widening consumption of personal care products and flexibility in feedstock availability in developing economies, which can be attributed to the increasing purchasing power of the middle class and growing urbanization in countries such as India, China and Brazil. The rest of the world is estimated to account for a relatively small share of the methyl heptyl ketone market.
Some of the examples of market participants operating across the value chain of the global methyl heptyl ketone market are:
- Kalpsutra Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Bedoukian Research Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Ernesto Ventós, S.A.
- KH Neochem Co., Ltd.
- WILD Flavors GmbH
- ODOWELL CO., LIMITED
- LLUCH ESSENCE, S.A.S.