- Portland cement is an excellent building material with exceptional binding properties.
- With the rising number of construction and infrastructural activities, the demand for Portland cement has increased.
- A major growth-inducing factor is the investment by governments of various nations in mega infrastructural projects.
Portland cement is the basic ingredient used in concrete and is manufactured by heating and grinding a mixture of limestone and clay or shale. It is made up of four main compounds, namely, tricalcium silicate, dicalcium silicate, tricalcium aluminate, and tetra-calcium aluminoferrite.
Portland cement is an excellent building material with exceptional binding properties, durability, strength and is relatively low-cost as compared to other building materials. It forms the backbone of the construction industry, wherein it is used in various structures such as bridges, dams, tunnels and lighthouses. It is utilized in mortar for plastering, masonry work, pointing, and the manufacturing of precast pipes, piles and fencing posts. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, the global Portland cement market size was worth 5.11 Billion Tons in 2019.
Global Portland Cement Market Trends:
Over the years, with the rising number of construction and infrastructural activities, the demand for Portland cement has increased. Apart from this, the market growth is also being spurred by the specialty applications of the product. Portland cement is widely used in the construction of nuclear waste facilities and as a medium for protecting and controlling radioactive species. Besides this, oil-well cement, which is used for cementing work in the drilling of oil wells, usually consists of Portland cement with special organic retarders to prevent it from setting too quickly.
- Buy Research Report: Forklift Trucks Market size See Incredible Growth during COVID-19 2025
- Buy Research Report: Hydrolyzed Collagen Market Conveying Valuable Data By 2026
- Buy Research Report: Advanced Ceramics Market Estimated Size Be Driven Size Innovation and Industrialization COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Ink Solvent Market size Witness Robust Expansion throughout the Forecast Period COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: GPU Database Market Poised size Expand at a Robust Pace Over COVID-19 2026
Another major growth-inducing factor is the investment by governments of various nations in mega infrastructural projects, including the development of smart cities. Moreover, significant improvements have been made in the production process of cement to reduce the associated environmental impact, which is expected to influence the market positively. On account of these factors, the market is projected to reach a volume of 6.08 Billion Tons by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2020-2025.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Mitsubishi Cement Corporation, Alamo Cement Company, Martin Marietta Inc., Heidelberg Cement Group, National Cement Company, American Cement Company, Lafarge Holcim Ltd, Argos Ltd, China National Building Material Co. Ltd., Salt River Materials Group, Anhui Conch Cement Co., Ltd., Ash Grove Cement Company, Tanzania Portland Cement Public Limited Company (TPC PLC), Quikrete Holding Ltd., CalPortland Company, Inc., Capitol Aggregates Inc, CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., GCC of America, Inc., Lehigh Hanson, Inc., National Cement Company of Alabama, Inc., Ultratech Cement Limited and Buzzi Unicem USA Inc.
For more information, Click here