- Sorbitol is used in the production of a wide range of products such as toothpaste, candies, ice-creams, syrups, jams, jellies and beverages.
- Sorbitol is used in a number of dietary foods and beverages wherein it serves as a low-calorie natural sweetener.
- The market is projected to reach a volume of 2.83 Million Metric Tons by 2025, at a CAGR of 1.60%.
Sorbitol is a kind of sugar alcohol that occurs naturally in plants and fruits and can also be manufactured synthetically from glucose. It is added to food products and tablets to extend their shelf-life, prevent them from drying and aging, as well as prevent the precipitation of sugar effectively.
Due to its non-carcinogenic and sweetening properties, sorbitol is used in the production of a wide range of products such as toothpaste, candies, ice-creams, syrups, jams, jellies and beverages. It also works as a laxative by drawing water into the large intestine, improving bowel movement. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sorbitol Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global sorbitol market size reached a volume of 2.56 Million Metric Tons in 2019.
Global Sorbitol Market Trends:
Sorbitol has a wide range of applications in diverse industries. It is used as an additive, sweetener and thickening agent in the food industry; as a bodying agent in the textile, paper and pharmaceutical industries; as a feedstock for manufacturing vitamin C tablets; and as a moisturizer in cosmetics and personal care products.
Moreover, sorbitol is used in a number of dietary foods and beverages wherein it serves as a low-calorie natural sweetener. Consequently, the growing population of people who have diabetes has increased the sales of food products containing sorbitol. Apart from this, as sorbitol has no harmful effects on the oral health and does not contribute to tooth decay, it is extensively utilized in culinary preparations like cake, candy, chewing gums and desserts, and in non-food items like toothpaste and mouth-wash.
- The Prefilled Syringes Fill/Finish Servcies Market – Present Scenario and the Growing Future Potential
- Business Card by Experienced Graphic Designer
- Logo Design by Experienced Graphic Designer
- Buy Research Report: Covid-19 Impact on Containers as a Service Market is Set to Demonstrate 34% CAGR From 2020 to 2023
- Buy Research Reports: Covid-19 Impact on Sustainability Management Software Market Eyeing Admirable Growth Due to Growing Awareness
Rising demand for low sugar products, on account of rising health consciousness among consumers, is further expected to boost market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to reach a volume of 2.83 Million Metric Tons by 2025, at a CAGR of 1.60% over the forecast period (2020-2025).
The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, providing the detailed profiles of the key players operative in the industry: Roquette Frères SA, Cargill Incorporated (Excluding Sorini), Ingredion Incorporated, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Shandong Tianli Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., PT Sorini Agro Asia Corporindo Tbk, and Kasyap Sweetners.