- Rising prevalence of otitis media in children throughout the globe.
- Availability of latest design, biocompatible, smooth and highly lubricant fluoroplastic and silicon material tympanostomy devices.
- Affordable reimbursement scenario in developed nations for tympanostomy products.
The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. “Global Tympanostomy Products Market– Growth, Future Prospects, Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026,” the global tympanostomy products market is set to reach from $79.3 million in 2017 to $93.4 million by 2026 expanding at a CAGR of 1.9% from 2018 to 2026.
Browse the full report Tympanostomy Products Market – Growth, Future Prospects, Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026.
Otitis media is the infection of the middle ear region which is characterized by high degree of inflammation and purulent secretions in severe cases. Tympanostomy products aid in draining infectious ear fluids and equalizing pressure. It has a high prevalence rate worldwide. The limiting factor associated with this market is the availability of product pipeline of promising topical antibiotics possessing excellent efficacy and safety profile. Eustachian tube balloon dilation devices may pose a threat to tympanostomy products market growth.
Tube inserters are dominating the products segment for tympanostomy products market. Lack of general anesthesia during insertion and removal procedures and availability of novel inserters has resulted in tis popularity among ENT surgeons worldwide. Tympanostomy tubes will register impressive growth in the near future on account of availability of latest antimicrobial coated and bioresorbable tubes for treating middle ear infections.
Fluoroplastic material are reigning the tympanostomy products market. Inherent features such as excellent biocompatibility, smoothness and beveled shape resisting occlusion drive the market growth for fluoroplastic materials. Silicone material are in huge demands on account of its physic-chemical properties such as elasticity, compliant nature and soft nature can be easily manipulated. Lubricity helps ininsertion and removal of tympanostomy products with safety and ease.
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Lab Automation Market to Reflect Impressive Growth in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
- Buy Research Report: Plasma Fractionation Market to Expand 1.5x through 2026, Convalescent Plasma (CP) Treatment amid COVID-19 to Inject Hope
- Buy Research Report: Medical Holography Market to Surge, Finds Significant Potential in Diagnosis of COVID-19
- Buy Research Report: Epinephrine Market to Exhibit at a CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Ethyl Acetate Market Analysis
Recurrent otitis media with effusion is holding the largest application market for tympanostomy products. It has a high prevalence rate in children often resulting due to antibiotic resistance to initial middle ear infection and increasing demand for tympanostomy procedure for treating recurrent otitis media with effusion. Chronic otitis media is widely occurring in adult population due to infection of the tympanic membrane caused due to infection of the upper respiratory tract. Reddening of tympanic membrane and inflammation of the eustachian tube often results in chronic otitis media.
North America is leading the regional segment for tympanostomy products market with 35% share. The primary factors responsible for its market growth are rising prevalence of otitis media and domicile of key players such as Medtronic, Plc., Atos Medical and Olympus Corporation. Europe is the second largest regional market for tympanostomy products and currently holds 25% market share. Affordable reimbursement scenario for tympanostomy products and supportive regulatory environment provided by European Medical Agency (EMA). Asia Pacific is accountable for 15% market share and will be registering fastest growth during the forecast period owing to increasing number of patients suffering with middle ear infection and significant growth in medical tourism.
Major medical device manufacturers producing Tympanostomy products are Atos Medical, Adept Medical, EON Meditech, Koken Co., Ltd., Medtronic, Plc., OtoMedics Advanced Medical Technologies, Olympus Corporation, Preceptis Medical, Summit Medical Group and Teleflex Incorporated.