- Increasing investments in chemical and pharmaceutical industries create a positive outlook for the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market.
- The complex manufacturing process and high price associated with 2-ethylhexyl caprate are anticipated to hamper growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to create more opportunities for 2-ethylhexyl caprate manufacturers in the coming years.
2-ethylhexyl caprate, also known as 2-ethylhexyl decanoate, is an organic chemical compound with the molecular formula C18H32O2. In the manufacturing of 2-ethylhexyl caprate, ethyl reacts with hexyl in the presence of caproic acid as a catalyst to form 2-ethylhexyl caproic acid, which on further treatment with esterification process forms a mixture of 2-ethylhexyl caprate crude. This mixture of 2-ethylhexyl caprate crude is distilled to obtain pure 2-ethylhexyl caprate. 2-ethylhexyl caprate finds several applications in chemical, pharmaceutical and textile industries as a reagent, catalyst and excipient. Along with this, 2-ethylhexyl caprate is used in the manufacturing of elastomers and coatings. On the basis of safety, 2-ethylhexyl caprate is the least harmful in the available caprate group and has low vapor pressure, which can reduce hazards while handling as compared to other caprates, such as ethylhexyl palmitate and others. The growing application of nanotechnology in various end-use industries and continuous developments in the pharmaceutical sector to enhance the production of excipients are anticipated to drive the growth of the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market during the assessment period.
Increasing investments in chemical and pharmaceutical industries across emerging economics for the development of value-added and result-oriented products create a positive outlook for the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market during the forecast period. 2-ethylhexyl caprate exhibits significant properties, which drives its application in several end-use industries such as chemical, pharmaceutical and textile. This is a key factor contributing to the growth of the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market.
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Healthcare Consulting Services Market is Set to Reach $15.88 Billion by 2023
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
On the other hand, the complex manufacturing process and high price associated with 2-ethylhexyl caprate are anticipated to hamper the growth of the market to an extent. Key manufactures in the emerging economics are seeking to form long-term contracts with end users to ensure steady revenue generation as well as reduce processing costs. The introduction of innovative applications in the 2-ethylhexyl caprate category is the key trend anticipated to drive healthy growth in the coming years. On the basis of geography, Asia Pacific, especially China, is expected to account for a prominent share of the complex manufacturing process market in terms of value and volume.
The 2-ethylhexyl caprate market has been segmented on the basis of grade, application and end use industry.
On the basis of grade, the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market has been segmented as:
- Pharma grade
- Lab grade
- Technical grade
On the basis of application, the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market has been segmented as:
On the basis of end-use industry, the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market has been segmented as:
- Pulp & paper
- Other industrial
Globally, Asia Pacific is expected to create more opportunities for 2-ethylhexyl caprate manufacturers in the coming years. The region is expected to witness significant growth, owing to rapid growth of end-use industries. Government initiatives aimed towards driving the growth of chemical & pharmaceutical sectors in North America are expected to create significant opportunities for manufacturers and distributors to gain high revenue shares in the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market during the forecast period. Eastern Europe is estimated to witness weak growth as compared to the Middle East & Africa region, owing to the weak growth of the pharmaceutical industry. Attributing to the increasing acceptance of innovative technologies in 2-ethylhexyl caprate production in Western Europe, the region is expected to strong growth in the coming years. Latin America is expected to register sluggish growth, owing to the weak development of end-use industries in the region.
Some of the key players operating in the 2-ethylhexyl caprate market are:
- BASF SE
- Lonza Corporation
- Atul Ltd
- Galaxy Chemicals
- Evonik Industries
- Hangzhou Dayangchem Co. Ltd
- Weifang Yi Hua Chemical Co., Ltd.