- Increased governmental support is the major driver for the global corn-based plastics packaging market.
- Rising awareness among the global population regarding the adverse effect of conventional plastics is driving the market.
- Polylactic acid, a corn-based plastic, does not biodegrade easily, and may hamper growth.
Corn-based plastics are primarily a biodegradable group of polymers that can be manufactured from renewable resources. Corn-based plastics are starch-based bioplastics in the form of disposable tableware and carrier bags. Bioplastics have widespread applications in various industries, including the packaging industry. There are numerous advantages of corn-based plastics in the packaging industry. One of the key factors positively influencing preference for corn-based plastics is that they are 100% biodegradable, which results in less pollution.
Another important property possessed by corn-based plastics is that they are carbon neutral which results in reducing the number of greenhouse gases significantly. Corn-based plastics are free from toxic substances and do not leach harmful substances into the food even at high temperatures. Corn-based plastics are made up from polylactic acid, which is a plastic replacement made from fermented plant starch, and is expected to quickly emerge as a popular alternative to traditional petroleum-based plastics. As corn-based plastics garner more attention as an environment-friendly alternative to traditional plastics, the global corn-based plastics for packaging market is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR, during the forecast period.
The major driver for the global corn-based plastics packaging market is the rising support given by the government, encouraging the incorporation corn-based plastics in place of conventional plastics. Amidst rising concerns regarding the pollution caused by the usage of conventional plastics, corn-based plastics have been widely regarded as an appropriate alternative. Due to the various benefits of corn-based plastics mentioned above, it is anticipated that they will witness growth in the global packaging industry, during the forecast period. Growing awareness among the general population about the ecological impact of their lifestyle is another key driver for growth of the global corn-based plastics for packaging market.
Corn-based plastics are being used in various end-use industries such as the food industry, pharmaceutical industry, agriculture industry and textile industry. Corn-based plastics have been developed to eliminate the problems caused by conventional plastics. Corn-based plastics are made from biodegradable feedstock, which means that they can degrade into the soil like any other organic matter. The global market for corn-based plastic packaging has been driven by the rising awareness among the global population regarding the adverse effect of conventional plastics which led to increased adoption of corn-based plastics among manufacturers rather than conventional plastics.
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Healthcare Consulting Services Market is Set to Reach $15.88 Billion by 2023
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
Despite the positive outlook for growth, over the forecast period, there are certain factors that could hamper growth of the global corn-based plastics for packaging market. The same can be exemplified by the fact that polylactic acid, which is a corn-based plastic, does not biodegrade easily. Therefore, many experts have recommended the use of reusable container such as, backpacks, baskets, and cloth bags for grocery shopping. Such developments could hamper growth of the global corn-based plastics packaging market.
Some of the players operating in the global Corn-Based Plastics packaging market are – CornWare UK LTD, Natureworks LLC, and Klockner Pentaplast, among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Detailed overview of parent market,Changing market dynamics in the industry,In-depth market segmentation,Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value,Recent industry trends and developments,Competitive landscape,Strategies of key players and products offered,Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth,A neutral perspective on market performance,Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.