- High barrier packaging films in agriculture and healthcare to witness steady growth over forecast period.
- Rising preference for packaged food & beverages, and growing demand for cosmetics & personal care products through online retail platforms stimulate the market.
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) based high barrier packaging films are anticipated to be the fastest growing films during the forecast period
High barrier packaging films are widely used in applications demanding air sealed packaging of food and other products restricting the entry of outside air, pollutants, UV rays and other external elements responsible for deteriorating the quality of packaged products.
Rising preference for packaged food & beverages, and growing demand for cosmetics & personal care products through online retail platforms are prime factors governing the global high barrier packaging film market. These are light weight packaging films that offers excellent portable packaging solutions and limited waste generation. Demand for high barrier packaging films is primarily fueled by food & beverage packaging applications along with burgeoning needs from consumer goods and pharmaceutical product packaging.
The High Barrier Packaging Films Market – Global Market Share, Trends, Analysis and Forecasts, 2020-2030 provides insights on key developments, sales network, business strategies, research & development activities, major production and consumption, supply chain analysis, competitive landscape, and market composition analysis.
The market is segmented based on type, material, packaging type, end use industry, and geography. Based on material type, the global market is segmented into Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH), Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), and Others. Polyethylene (PE), and Polypropylene (PP) collectively contributed major revenue share to the market in 2018 owing to high flexibility, improved barrier performance and availability at low cost.
Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) based high barrier packaging films are anticipated to be the fastest growing films during the forecast period owing to rising penetration across wide applications.
Based on end use industry, the market is segmented into food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, consumer electronic, healthcare, agriculture, cosmetics & personal care, and others. The market is primarily dominated by food and beverage product packaging. Increased demand for packaged raw meat, processed food products, and ready to eat food products are anticipated to fuel the demand for high barrier packaging films in coming years.
- Buy Research Report: N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Germany and France to be Prominent Markets in Europe Advanced CO2 Sensor Market
- Buy Research Report: Location Analytics Market is Building a Better Future for Customers and Key Players
- Buy Research Report: Eye Health Supplements Market to Surpass $3.418 Billion by 2027
- Buy Research Report: COVID-19 Impact On Global Neuronavigation Systems Market
Followed by food & beverages, applications of high barrier packaging films in pharmaceutical and consumer electronic industries is anticipated to contribute prominent share to the market. The global high barrier packaging film market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period. Rising concerns over use of plastic and stringent regulations are anticipated to hinder market growth.
On the basis of geography, the global market is further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to rising consumption of packaged food products across China, India, and other Southeast Asian countries.
North America and Europe collectively dominated the supply and demand of high barrier packaging films in 2018 and are anticipated to be witness significant reforms in development and deployment of these products over the forecast period.
- Rising awareness regarding effects of plastic based products is anticipated to impede market growth in coming years.
- Due to stringent government regulation on use of plastic, Polyethylene (PE), and Polypropylene (PP) based high barrier packaging films are anticipated to witness impediment in growth during the forecast period.
Major players operating in the global high barrier packaging film market include Amcor Limited, Uflex Ltd, Glenroy Inc, Winpak Ltd., The Mondi Group plc., Toray Plastics (America) Inc., LINPAC Packaging Limited, Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH, Sonoco, 3D Packaging, Prairie State Group, ClearBags, Shako Flexipack, and Perlen Packaging among others.