- Honey Baked Ham Company is a privately-held company founded in 1957.
- At present, it has grown to over 400 company-owned retail stores and 200 franchise locations in 40 states in the U.S.
- The restaurants are NOT open for dinner menu but they have a special menu for lunch.
This franchise profile gives key insight into “Honeybaked Ham” with a mention of key takeaways as a conclusion. The profile provides a consolidated and up to date information about the company, including the financial performance and/or number of stores owned and franchised by it.
The scope of this franchise profile report is precise and covers the company’s background along with its present performance in the market. The major sections of the profile include: overview, products offered, recent developments and strategies undertaken, challenges faced, business strategy and analysis, and financial information. The report also includes revenue forecasts, presence of franchisee stores, market forecasts and key people of the company.
The report concludes with any other important information about the company and key takeaways.
- An overview of the franchise profile on Honey Baked Ham Company LLC.
- Recent developments, key takeaways, business strategy, franchise cost analysis, along with growth forecast by revenue and number of restaurants for the company.
- Data corresponding to number of HBH’s Franchisees across states and their calculated market shares.
- Tabular form of company offered food items by product category.
Honey Baked Ham Company is a privately-held company founded in 1957. It is headquartered in Alpharetta, Ga., which is a suburb of Atlanta. The company was previously known as The Original Honey Baked Ham Co. of Georgia Inc. but altered its name to The Honey Baked Ham Company LLC in 2015. It is a food retailer which offers hams, turkey breasts and other pre-cooked entrees, side dishes, salads, beverages, desserts and other menu items.
In 1936, Harry J. Hoenselaar, the founder of the company opened the first Honey Baked Store in Detroit, Michigan. At present, it has grown to over 400 company-owned retail stores and 200 franchise locations in 40 states in U.S., and also has a large online presence. It is one of the most popular ham brands in the U.S. with more than 60 years of brand value and consistent quality.
The company started offering franchises on August 5, 1998 and by Sept. 30, 2018, there were 212 franchised Honey Baked Stores. It is primarily a restaurant which also sells retails items in its stores.
The company has four revenue streams: Retail, Gifting, Catering and Lunch. The retail segment includes premium hams, turkeys and roasts, heat-and-serve sides, desserts and signature sauces and dips. The gifting segment includes corporate gift cards and employee recognition options. In the catering segment, the company offers boxed lunches and platters for office events, organization outings, neighborhood block parties and family celebrations. These events include fresh sandwiches, soups and salads.
The restaurants are not open for dinner menu but they have a special menu for lunch, which includes ham and turkey sandwiches, salads, sides etc., and don’t forget the pickle!