- There are dozens of games you can play with a standard deck of playing cards that can played for fun or with gambling incentives.
- Build a fort in the living room and watch movies inside.
- There are many meal prep options that allow dinner delivered to your door.
Every couple needs to make time to do fun things together to keep the joy and intimacy in their relationship. There are many possibilities for couples to spend time together locally and when traveling. However, those events can get expensive quickly. Additionally, opting to stay in for date night can level up a couple’s intimacy experience. So, here’s how you can plan a perfect night in for you and your special someone.
Activities to Enjoy Together
Doing things to do as a couple at home doesn’t have to be boring. There are many kinds of super fun activities that couples can do that can tighten their romantic bond while they have a blast.
1. Make Bucket Lists Together – Discuss and write out various lists of things you both want to do whether as a pair or individually. Here are a few ideas on things you can include:
- Places you’d like to travel to
- Things you want to learn
- Entertainment venues to visit
2. Play Games Together – A little bit of friendly competition between couples can be an exciting and healthy way to expel tension. There are board games like Scrabble, Sorry, or Monopoly. If card games are more your forte, then perhaps Uno, Skip-Bo, or Cards Against Humanity would provide an evening of fun. Alternatively, there are dozens of games you can play with a standard deck of playing cards that can played for fun or with gambling incentives.
Other Fun Activities:
- Build a fort in the living room and watch movies inside
- Crank up the Bluetooth speaker and kick off karaoke with YouTube and a hairbrush or serving spoon for your “mic”
- Camp out in the backyard
- Or in the dining room and make s’mores over a candle
Enjoying an Awesome Meal at Home Together
Another thing to consider when having a night in together is food. You know you’re both going to be hungry before the night’s over, of course. But rather than going out to dinner, (so cliche’) here are a few ideas for filling up while staying in.
1. Order Delivery – Every couple has a favorite local restaurant that they frequent. Find out if yours offers delivery or if they partner with a company that retrieves and delivers take out orders. There are multiple companies that offer this service and nearly every restaurant in the US has a contract with at least one of them.
2. Dinner Delivered to Your Door – There are many meal prep options that allow dinner delivered to your door. Some of these options have dinner cooked for you while others have all of the ingredients measured out for you and your loved one to make together. This can be a fun bonding experience and a way to get out of your dinner rut.
3. Share Time in the Kitchen – Preparing a meal or dessert, etc. together is an awesome way to gain perspective on the homemaker’s responsibilities. If home cooked meals aren’t a common thing in your home, then cooking together can be a fun way to step out of the ordinary as a couple. Plus, being able to enjoy the eating part of cooking is a highly satisfying accomplishment. Here are a few ideas on cooking together:
- Look up the recipe for a dish at a favorite restaurant
- Call your families and ask about recipes that have been handed down through generations
- Explore a recipe for a dish you’ve never tried or maybe never heard of before
Quality Time in the Bedroom
Of course, intimacy isn’t exclusively to do with intercourse, However, making love to your significant other can absolutely finish off a perfect night in, well… perfectly. So for the last selection of suggestions, here are some perfect ways to spice up your night with a happy ending:
1. Sensual Connection Games – Playing an adult, bedroom version of truth or dare, never have I ever or 20 questions can heat things up while you get to know one another even better.
2. Create a “Love Coupon” Book Together – Writing out sexy things to do for each other is a lot of fun. Although, its safe to say that using them later is far more fun. Use any notebook and write the coupons out, three or four to a page. Then cut them out and fold them up to be put in a box or a jar to use later.
So you see, having fun together doesn’t require you to leave the house. And neither does it mean that a lot of money needs to be spent. There are tons of fun things to do together at home. Of course, a consistent date night schedule helps strengthen couples by being accountable and having that night to look forward to. Get creative and work together as you plan your perfect night in.